Engineering Manager, Cloud Infrastructure - Full Remote in Europe
ℹ️Note before applying: We're a young company iterating over our remote culture so for now, we're only working with people in locations where the time zone is: -1 hour > France time zone < +1 hour
Infrastructure Team at Heetch
Our team has built a great cloud infrastructure (AWS, Docker, Mesos, Marathon, etc.) which supports millions of events and serves millions of API requests per day to serve over a dozen thousands of rides daily without hiccups. Our infrastructure is growing on a daily basis, with more than 160 microservices owned by 16 different teams and counting. We’re taking on some big challenges for our next steps, though, and we need people with the skills and knowledge to help us expand our system correctly and in a flexible way. By joining the team, you'll be helping to bring its technical vision to the next level to run our services at scale.
- General Interest First: We want to scale our team to a point where our contributions do not stop at the company codebase. We believe in the Open Source culture and communication with the outside world. By shipping small but often, we consistently deliver value to other developers to avoid building up frustration caused by a long development cycle.
- Make It Happen: We are data-driven, and use tools and standards to ship code quickly and safely (continuous integration, code review, automated testing, etc.). We think that most maintenance and manual actions can be automated to reduce friction, mistakes and it offers a better scaling of the delivery pipeline.
- Kindness: Moving people from A to B is not as easy as it sounds but we always keep calm and support each other.
- Communicate Wisely: Our team has a broad scope of responsibilities and internal customers whom we serve to the best of our ability.
- Free Mind: We value personal progress and want you to look back proudly at what you've done.
What will you do?
As an Engineering Manager, you will manage a fast-growing remote team to help us improve the performance and reliability of our current systems. You will build the automated systems that will allow us to scale our infrastructure to support our international expansion. You will also work hard at empowering Heetch engineers to do their work quickly and safely. This role will give you the opportunity and responsibility to guide Heetch approach to the cloud.
- Work with Engineering, Product, and Data teams to facilitate project delivery by ensuring alignment and on time delivery
- Define, implement, and oversee a flexible and effective development process to reach the team's delivery goals
- Offer a collaborative and welcoming development environment for your team members
- Deliver high quality, availability, reliability, scalability, and secure distributed systems
- Support and inspire an ambitious group of engineers in their career goals
- Work with our people operations team to maintain our high performance and high morale
- Oversee a distributed team (fully remote across Europe) of motivated engineers spanning all experience levels
- Facilitate continuous learning and improvement for the team and its members
- Provide technical and non-technical guidance to the team, both individually and as a group
- Maximize team productivity and build loyalty by deeply understanding & incorporating various motivations, working styles and preferences
- Cultivate high engagement, performance and commitment to the product through a motivational & visionary approach
- Develop and mentor upcoming leaders and key engineers
- Be actively involved in hiring and growing our engineering team
- Plan and implement hiring strategies to attract talent within your team
- Advocate for engineering and management on the blog or at social and tech events
- Help us grow and evolve our engineering culture
- Work with other engineering managers to drive cultural changes across the organisation
Does it sound like you?
- You’ve managed teams that designed and operated critical infrastructure, particularly with a broad remit across service orchestration, deployment systems and the cloud.
- You know how to balance the reliability, usability, compliance and cost of critical systems.
- You have more than 4 years of engineering leadership experience with at least 2 years managing multiple teams in various locations.
- You have already worked in a fast-paced environment within a fast-growing company.
- You have strong communication skills: You're able to interact with a variety of people, technical or non-technical.
- You show a significant track record of attracting, retaining, and mentoring top talent within the industry.
If your application is selected, the process will be composed of 3 steps:
- Meeting with the CTO and a recruiter (1h)
- Meeting with a panel of Engineering Managers (1h30)
- Day on site at our office in Paris or remote stakeholders interviews