Senior Python Developer - Contract Role - £500-600pd depending on experience
At Sova, we take real pride in our technology, whilst sticking to the Sova values of Making Science Work, Different Together, Restless Spirits, Ever Upwards. We are looking for a Senior Python Developer to support and deliver the on-going software which makes Sova a great place to work!
From problem solving to new concept ideas, you have a genuine opportunity to unleash your full potential and creativity on a variety of software projects.
If you’re a seasoned developer, with a love for front and back-end technologies and you want to play a significant role in building functional and efficient server-side applications, we’d like to meet you!
The role will include:
- Participating in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Building efficient server-side applications and features in Python 3.
- Integrating front-end components into applications.
- Helping design and implement functional requirements.
- Manage testing and bug fixes.
- Preparing technical documentation.
- Collaborating with Product Owners and UX/UI designers to implement design into the code.
- Checking code from other developers and help to coach junior team members.
- Implementing software enhancements and suggest improvements.
- Mentoring junior developers.
What’s the work like?
There are a number of different tasks and projects we expect senior python developers to be involved with, but here’s an idea of some of the upcoming projects we have on the roadmap:
- Major re-platforming programme including implementing a brand new user interface
- Gamification projects
- Machine learning projects
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have:
- Solid hands-on experience as a Python Developer (5+ years)
- Worked with Python 3
- Experience with Python frameworks (ideally Django)
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and REST API
- An understanding of databases and SQLM
- Experience on developing and delivering scalable applications
- Strong communication skills to team members and clients
- Ideally have led teams and mentored others
- A BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field (or equivalent experience)