Remote, UTC -3 to UTC -4
Our Snowplow Insights offering has grown significantly over the last year, and we now orchestrate and monitor the Snowplow event pipeline for nearly 200 customers, many of them processing billions of events per month. The support that we provide to our customers is a core part of the Snowplow Insights offering, and we strive to provide the best technical support of any analytics vendor.
We have implemented a full “follow the sun” support model at Snowplow, with our three support engineers working in three well-distributed time zones (Alberta, Canada; Berlin, Germany; Krasnoyarsk, Russia). We are now looking to hire a support engineer between the EMEA and AMAS timezones, in the UTC -3 to UTC -4 time zone range. We can be slightly flexible around this timezone range, but this is not a role for a candidate working nights.
This is a support engineering role - not a support agent role. We are looking for candidates who can learn, troubleshoot and explain the many complex technical systems that make up the Snowplow offering. We expect you to have an analytical mind, a high level of customer empathy and an enthusiasm for improving processes and systems. Depending on where your passions lie, there is a path from Support Engineering at Snowplow into Customer Success, Implementation Services, Tech Ops or Engineering.
Responsibilities for our fourth support engineer will include:
- Handling customer tickets in Zendesk, resolving if possible or escalating further to our Customer Success, Implementation Services, Tech Ops, Engineering or Product teams
- Handling Snowplow pipeline incidents in OpsGenie, communicating the failure to our customers and either resolving if possible, or working with the customer and/or Snowplow teams to resolve
- Providing help to the open-source Snowplow community in our Discourse forums
- Working with customers on regular support tasks including: upgrading their Snowplow pipelines; sharing security best practices; enabling new Snowplow features for their account
- Creating playbooks, documentation and software to reduce your support workload even as we add more customers
- Collaborating with Snowplow teams on bug fixes and new features for both our open source projects and our proprietary orchestration and monitoring technology
- Constant awareness of open and ongoing issues and actively checking and updating open tickets
Excellent customer support is at the core of Snowplow’s commercial offering. You will join the support rotation, and take on an agreed number of evening and weekend support hours (compensated both in money and time). While the ongoing Snowplow Insights support commitment is the first priority, our support engineers will regularly take full days to work on projects that are strategic for the Support team or wider company.
Being partly in the European time zone, you will have regular opportunities to interact with the wider company, including at Snowplow’s office in London, our company away-weeks and at our various meetups across Europe.
The environment you’ll be working in:
Our company values are Transparency, Honesty, Ownership, Inclusivity, Empowerment, Customer-centricity, Growth and Technical Excellence. These aren’t just words we plucked out of thin air, we came up with them together as a company and are continually looking to find new ways to weave these into our day to day operations. From flexible hours and working locations to the way we give feedback, we’re passionate about building a company that supports both company and individual development.
We’d love to get to know you if:
- This role would be a great fit for somebody who has completed an analytically rigorous degree or programming bootcamp, or has experience in programming, QA or other automation
- You communicate with clarity and empathy
- You have a broad technical curiosity and proven technical understanding
- Snowplow customers are highly technology- and data-literate, and expect Snowplow Insights support to be responsive, well-informed and always mindful of their business goals
- You have a passion for problem solving
- You will be constantly working with customers and internal Snowplow teams to solve Snowplow Insights problems in as effective, time-efficient and repeatable way as possible - you must love troubleshooting
- You have a mature attitude to security, documentation and process Snowplow Insights customers trust us with their event pipelines and AWS and GCP accounts - this is a huge responsibility and informs everything we do
What you’ll get in return:
- A competitive package based on experience, including share options 25 days of holiday a year (plus bank holidays)
- MacBook or Dell XPS 13/15 Freedom to work wherever suits you best
- Two fantastic company Away Weeks in a different European city each year (the next one is in May 2019 in Lisbon)
- Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and challenging problems
- Grow and develop in a fast-moving, collaborative organisation
- Enjoy fun events in and around London organised by our Cultural Work Committee
- Learn to code or improve your existing skills with our Software Development Guild
- Convenient location in central London (Shoreditch)
- Continuous supply of Pact coffee and healthy snacks
Snowplow is dedicated to building and supporting a brilliant, diverse and hugely inclusive team. We don't discriminate against gender, race, religion or belief, disability, age, marital status or sexual orientation. Whatever your background may be, we welcome anyone with talent, drive and emotional intelligence.