Senior Software Engineer, Mobile
Title: Senior Software Engineer, Mobile
Job Type: W2
Fresh Tri is a fast-growing neuroscience-based digital health company that helps people create healthy habits. We utilize a unique combination of science, technology, and design to develop our mobile app aimed at helping people build and sustain healthy habits. The Fresh Tri app blends habit practice and mindset training along with an algorithm that analyzes behavioral patterns and helps users discover what behaviors work best for them
How We Work
Our work culture is designed to encourage and support personal growth and development. Team members are challenged to contribute to a variety of initiatives with many opportunities to learn new skills, take on new projects, and embrace new roles. We measure our individual successes by how much we help others on the team, and we measure our impact by how we improve the lives of those we serve.
Fresh Tri is a 100% remote team with headquarters on a 170-acre retreat in the Santa Cruz mountains in California. The company unlimited PTO, a highly flexible work schedule and an opportunity to work across many disciplines.
The Work To Be Done
This role will report to the VP of Engineering and will work on the iOS and Android versions of our Fresh Tri mobile app. This role will interact with our design team and our science team to understand how the product should work, how it’s designed and why (the science) we do things the way we do. No background in neuroscience is necessary, our science team is excellent at explaining things!
Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for the engineering (system design) and development of the Fresh Tri iOS and android mobile apps. The primary technologies we currently use are React Native and the standard set of development tools (github, digital ocean, etc). Our backend is written entirely in Go and the mobile apps interface with the backend via typical REST based interfaces.
Desired Background And Experience
- Deeply curious
- Ambitious problem solver
- 5+ years in software development working on medium to large scale projects
- Experience working with mobile applications (mobile form factor, push notifications, geolocations, etc)
- Experience designing a system (component design, separation of concerns, reduced repetition)
- Experience leading a development team (providing technical guidance and mentoring of junior members, setting and adhering to coding and style standards)
- React Native JSX/styling systems
- Proven ability to create smooth app interactions (smooth animations, transitions, user/app interactions) - *request to see visual portfolio from candidate - apps they have created*
- Demonstrable understanding of front end state management and lifecycle
- Demonstrable understanding of standard testing practices
- Experience working with visual, experience and interaction designers
Apply here or email directly firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.