Rails Developer (USA)
Who is BODE?
Bode is a new form of lodging that empowers self-guided travelers to connect with each other and their destinations in ways that go far beyond traditional hotel stays. We’re creating a network of keenly designed, flexible, residence-like dwellings in sought-after destinations, anchored by social hubs with intuitively fortifying services that enable the shared local experiences travelers have always imagined.
Gone are the days of queueing up in a line waiting for an antiquated key card to be cut and calling down to the front desk from landline phones. Our talented technology team is charged with creating and maintaining the various applications that enable Bode’s fully automated guest journey - from booking confirmation text to check-out. We’re continually innovating and adding new features to further enhance our guests’ experience and build incremental revenue, and we welcome crazy ideas and unconventional solutions to complex problems. We’re seeking a seasoned developer to join our nimble team and help us shape the changing travel landscape in ways that go far beyond hotels.
Our ideal candidate...
- 3-5 years of professional experience preferred.
- Start-up experience at a high-growth organization is a big plus
- You thrive when presented with complex problems and approach them analytically, coming up with creative solutions and collaborate cross-functionally as needed.
- Deep knowledge of Ruby on Rails, including performance and security concerns
- Front-end development experience using ReactJS, CSS3, HTML5 and RWD
- Strong skills in Test Driven Development (preferably in RSpec) and a solid grasp of object-oriented programming
- Knowledge of modern architecture patterns and deployment environments (Docker, AWS)
- Familiarity with at least one another programming language/framework (Elixir, NodeJS)
- Working knowledge of SQL (particularly PostgreSQL)
- Ease of use of developers toolkit and IDE (terminal, Git, etc.
- Dependable high-speed internet access 24/7
Bonus points for
- Technical faculty graduate (preferably computer science / software engineering / database systems)
- Experience in scaling Ruby applications
- Working knowledge of ElasticSearch
- Experience working in an agile environment / SCRUM