Do you want to redesign a simple product that is used and loved by millions of people around the world? You’ve knocked at the right door.
We are looking for a highly motivated Product Designer to join our fast growing team! As you will notice, our UI and UX need a lot of work. So far we’ve made do with open-source frameworks and freelance work here and there. We are now at a stage where we have comfortable product/market fit and are ready to invest in design in order to give our customers the product experience they deserve. We want to put design back where it belongs: first.
Working as the first Product Designer at AwesomeTable is a unique opportunity. We have a small team, so you won’t be one of dozens and your impact will be felt inside and outside the company. You’ll be working on a product that is used by millions of people. You will help drive us in new directions. You’ll help us see things we haven’t seen before, consider things we’ve never considered before, and bring fresh perspective to our team. Brighten us up and put a big smile on our customers’ faces.
The Product Designer will report to the CEO and work closely with the Product and Development teams. We have offices in Paris and Milan if you prefer working from an office, however the role can be remotely-based anywhere in the EMEA region.
- Define, shape and execute the future user experience and interface of AwesomeTable to make it as simple and user-friendly as possible without losing AwesomeTable’s flexibility
- Make AwesomeTable’s interface mobile-friendly
- Put design at the forefront of how we ship software
- Work with the product manager and engineers to create workable specifications and designs
- Seek and understand customer requirements and pains
- Make the AwesomeTable brand shine
- You have successfully revamped a product interface from scratch before, and you’d like to do it again for us. You understand the constraints that come with such a project
- You design for users and customers, not to impress other designers. You thus understand that fancy skyscrapers made of glass and steel are an abomination.
- You ask questions to get to the bottom of why something should happen and thus how to best make it happen
- You understand that design is scale-dependent
- You start with constraints, functions and processes, not from a wireframe
- You think in terms of dynamics and what happens through time, not snapshots
- You understand that copywriting and naming things are crucial parts of an interface, and you are a great writer
- You are fascinated by spreadsheets
- A self starter capable of working autonomously, as well as within a diverse team setting
- A great communicator, excelling at both verbal and written communications
- Great visual taste, details-oriented
- Experience: 5+ years of experience as a product designer in software, preferably a SaaS with at least 1 million users. Mobile experience a big plus
- Design tools: proficiency with Sketch, Figma, Adobe Suite or similar tools
- Language: fluent English, French is a plus
- Writing: you enjoy writing, you care about words and grammar, you are sharp and thorough
- Collaboration: Ability to build effective relationships with colleagues across organizations and functional groups
- Project management: you are organized, able to manage multiple projects at the same time, and know how to report progress in a clear and interesting way
- A good compensation that gives you financial peace of mind, wherever you live
- 30 days of vacation
- Lunch vouchers (for every worked day)
- 50% of public transportation for daily commute covered
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid parental leave
How to apply:
We want to get a sense of how you think. To that end, please use your cover letter to share with us your take on the following questions:
- Give us an example of products that you think are particularly well designed. Who’s doing an outstanding job out there? And why?
- Share an example of a time great design caught your attention and turned you into a customer.
- What’s inspired you lately? What’s the most creative thing you’ve seen or experienced in the last few years?
- We value great writers, so take your time with the application. Keep in mind that we do not equate length with substance, so please keep your cover letter to fewer than 1500 words. Stock cover letters won’t do – tell us why you want this job, not just any job.
- Please link to any content portfolio you might have.
We’ll let you know that we’ve received your application and what the next steps are. We can’t wait to hear from you!
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective, and we are always eager to further diversify our company. AwesomeTable is committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career.