Product Owner/Project Manager
Product Owner/Project Manager - REMOTE
, a digital product design agency made up of passionate designers, doers, and strategists from many different cultures and backgrounds. Our passion is helping entrepreneurs succeed through meaningful collaboration and leveraging the power of user-driven design. Our company is based out of sunny San Diego, California, although our entire team is remote and spans the globe.
We’re looking for a driven, experienced Product Owner/Project Manager to work closely with our clients while supporting our team to execute on a variety of web & mobile app projects. This position has the potential to grow into a full product strategist, identifying opportunities to achieve our client’s business goals through design.
What does a Product Owner/Project Manager do?
All projects at webuild have a Product Owner/Project Manager, and at webuild these roles often overlap. Ultimately, the PO/PM is responsible for the successful delivery of each project, keeping us on time and on budget. They are the primary interface between clients and the design team and take ownership for the project’s status, health, delivery, and budget. They will run meetings, resolve conflicts, organize tasks and timelines, document project changes, and develop an intimate understanding of the product vision and roadmap.Product owners/Project managers at webuild are highly motivated, organized people with exceptional communication and people skills. They have experience leading small teams and approach new tasks with an open mind, are able to prioritize effectively and work quickly to support the team and clients.
- Help manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders and establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Playing a supporting role with high-level strategic thinking and decisioning related to product strategy and business strategy
- Develop budgets and timeframes for executing client initiatives
- Help create project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop and maintain a detailed project plan to track progress
- Have a deep understanding of all ongoing projects and tasks, who they’re assigned to and have excellent prioritization skills
- Help define product vision, roadmap and growth opportunities
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Coordinate flow of assets between cross-functional teams
- Manage testing and final QA of new web/app development
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Ensure resource availability and allocation by approaching client requests with a pragmatic mindset
- Create/manage workflow for collecting user feedback and prioritizing new feature rollouts, bug fixes and product iterations
- Encourage and facilitate close collaboration and open, transparent communication within all-remote, cross-functional product teams
- Create project retro surveys and distill learnings for future projects
- Conduct project management surveys to continually optimize our project management process
- Document processes for training and onboarding
The Ideal Candidate
- You are incredibly passionate, care deeply about the details and bring an amazing amount of heart+hustle to everything you do.
- You have great people skills and working with people from different cultures/who have different personalities comes easily to you.
- You have a yes attitude and can figure things out with limited hand holding.
- You love delivering superior customer experiences and making your teams’ lives easier.
- You don’t necessarily need someone to tell you what to do, you create value and identify opportunities for things to work on.
- You are great under pressure and can manage the team effectively in these conditions.
- You love to learn new things and technologies to keep up with the latest trends and the design team.
- You are great at delivering and receiving continuous feedback.
- You are extremely organized and can juggle many details and competing priorities.
- You are a strong communicator and can effectively communicate your ideas both internally and externally.
- Experience: 3+ years of agency experience, preferably a product/design agency.
- P.M.P. certification is a plus
- Familiarity with project management tools is a must (Trello, JIRA, Basecamp, Teamwork, Asana, Flow, etc.). Bonus points if you know Slack, Harvest, Google Suite, and have used design tools like Figma.
- Comfort managing/creating user stories, process maps, and other types of data management for digital products
- Mindset: Ability to patiently learn, contribute, and work under pressure within a strategically growing, small company environment.
- Customer experience: You love astonishing customers and delivering high quality work. You have superior communication skills.
- Product Strategy. The ideal candidate loves product strategy and planning as much as they like getting into the details.
- Part-Time 20hrs/week to start
- Ability to grow into full time
- Remote US-Only
- Role reports to: Founder/CEO (Evan)
- Competitive pay based on qualifications and experience