$30,000 annually. This is a 20/hour a week position.
Fully remote. U.S.-based workers only.
ScheduleFlexible hours, but we'll expect you to work with us to set a schedule and communicate when you'll be varying from that schedule.
Vacation/holidaysAll federal holidays off, Christmas week off, plus three weeks of vacation.
TechnologyWe'll provide you with a MacBook Air.
Opportunities for growth
We're a small company, and there will be a lot of opportunity for you to take on additional projects in areas that interest you — we're always open to pursuing good ideas.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, English, journalism, or a related field.
- Professional writing abilities. You'll need to be able to write blog posts and other marketing materials and communicate efficiently with customers.
- Experience with a content management system like WordPress or Drupal.
- General comfort with technology like MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience in a professional marketing or customer success role. (Internships count.)
About UsWe're a mission-driven company dedicated to providing affordable and best-in-class software for colleges in universities. We primarily provide course catalog, curriculum management, and student handbook software. We primarily work with community and technical colleges, HBCUs, and small liberal arts colleges.
Job DutiesYour job will be split roughly 50/50 between customer success and marketing.
- Assist in initial site buildout — entering content, organizing pages, etc. This will be a larger part of your job duties initially to help with learning how our software works.
- Answer and resolve basic customer technical support questions. For example, helping with password resets, text formatting, etc.
- Building out and providing support for content approval workflows.
- Write and build out dynamic help documentation — think gifs, video, examples, and so on.
- Write regular blog posts about product(s) for company marketing websites
- Write client-success case studies with photos, videos, etc.
- Help with script writing for marketing videos
- Maintain basic social media presence for company on LinkedIn and Twitter.
If there are other areas that interest you, it's likely that you'd get a chance to work on them — we have a lot going on in sales, web/software development, marketing, customer success, and more.
How to Apply
Send a resume (PDF, LinkedIn, or online professional profile are all great) and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
. You can also optionally send a link to any writing samples.