Lead Software Engineer WordPress
Hi, we’re VertiStudio
and we're looking for a Lead Software Engineer
to shape the futureof our WordPress based products & sites.
We’ve been on the WordPress market for a couple of years now, and we’ve developed a number of successful products
during this time, our products have been downloaded by more than 1 million people & our content website visited by even more.
We're dreaming about a web where people can easily come online, grow their knowledge while having everything accessible on any device or internet connection (it should be fast).
- Lead the development of one of our products or sites (based on qualifications & interest)
- Capable of running and directing small teams
- Maintain and share knowledge in emerging technologies and tools in the industry.
- Be able to prioritize and manage work
- Work happens completely autonomously with no regular need for review.
Basic Qualifications (Optional)
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 2+ years experience building WordPress plugins or themes
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in leading a small team
- Extensive knowledge of the WordPress ecosystem
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Good analytical and debugging skills
- Unit/integration testing experience
- Write performance-focused and optimized code
Salary & Perks
- An hourly rate between 30-50$/h for a full-time job commitment
- Remote work – work from home or wherever you work best
- Be part of a diverse team - we're 25 people spread across three continents
- All expenses paid conference at your choice each year.
- All expenses paid trip to our annual retreat.
- Annual profit share
- Flexible vacation with fully paid and required time-off minimums.
You'll get to work with a team of WordPress enthusiasts, programmers, designers, and even active bloggers and writers. We want you to be independent and pursue your personal projects, as long as you're able to get your primary job done.
How to Apply
Please clearly include the following in your cover letter:
- Your experience with WordPress development.
- What is your favorite code performance tweak.
- Tell us a bit about yourself and why you should be considered.
- Profile links with code samples (GitHub, GitLab, WordPress.org, etc).
- Other profile links if available (Your website, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc).
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications, if you're a match we'll reach out.
NOTE: This position is for a remote contractor.