Designlab is looking for stellar UX/UI/product designers to join our platform as mentors for the next generation of creative talent.
// ABOUT DESIGNLAB //
We’re a platform for mentor-led, online design education with a focus on quality and outcomes. We offer a range of courses that facilitate design and creative thinking skills. Each of these courses teaches design through hands-on projects and 1:1 mentoring. Our mentors, our team and our students are all fully remote and we have built a thriving online design community. To find out more about us, our courses or how we work, visit https://trydesignlab.com
// ABOUT THE ROLE//
We have over 400+ amazing designers from around the world mentoring on Designlab and are looking to grow this team. If you have a passion for design and get inspired by the thought of building the next generation of world-class designers, then this opportunity could be for you.
As a Designlab mentor, you will work with amazing students from around the world; connect to other top designers; and earn money while giving back to the design community. If your application is successful, you will be paired with students whose availability matches yours and you will mentor them through the duration of their course.
Designlab mentorship is part-time and flexible – you choose how many students you can take on per month, and in which courses, at the times that suit you. If you’re ready for a higher commitment role, you can apply to mentor for our more rigorous, advanced courses like UX Academy and Career Services.
Once you have committed to a student, you will need to be available to mentor them on a weekly basis for the duration of their course. The time commitments would be as follows:
- Short courses: (x1) 1 hour video call per week and written feedback on project submissions for 4 weeks
- UX Academy (part-time students): (x1) 1 hour video call and written feedback on project submissions for 28 weeks
- UX Academy (full-time students): (x2) 1 hour video calls and written feedback on project submissions for 15 weeks
- Career Services: (x1) 30 minute video call and written feedback on project submissions for 12 weeks
// RESPONSIBILITIES //
- Mentor students on their design coursework while they undertake Designlab's online courses through:
- Providing detailed written feedback on student submissions
- Conducting 1:1 video sessions with students via Skype/Zoom
- Help assess the quality of student design submissions
- Maintain up-to-date availability for sessions
- Communicate promptly via the platform to schedule students sessions
// REQUIREMENTS //
- 3-5 years UX/UI design experience, ideally in a senior or manager role
- Attention to detail
- Strong English communication skills, both written and spoken
- Strong problem solving skills
- Passion for education, design, and creative work
// REMUNERATION //
The remuneration for this role is as follows:
- Short course students: $150 per student paid at the end of the 4 weeks
- UX Academy Part-time Students: $60 per student per week, paid monthly
- UX Academy Full-time Students: $120 per student per week, paid monthly
- Career Services Students: $37.50 per student per week, paid monthly