Web Designer/Developer for growing, remote-friendly startup
London or Remote (max UTC +/- 5 hours)
At Snowplow, we are on a mission to empower people to differentiate with data. We provide the technology to enable our customers to not only take control of their data, but allow them to do amazing things with that control.
As part of that effort, we're changing the way that people do digital analytics by helping them move away from a one-size-fits-all mindset and enabling them to collect and own their data themselves.
Snowplow has seen significant growth over the last 12 months and we’re not looking to slow down in 2019. As part of our growth, we’re looking for a Web Developer/Designer. You’ll work closely with the Growth and Product teams to develop new core web pages, ad-hoc landing pages and think holistically about design and UI. You’ll be instrumental in evolving the website from a static site to an always evolving marketing asset.
We’re an ambitious, enthusiastic team of data experts looking for someone to join us who wants to combine a mixture of design principles and web development and who’s eager to learn more about web analytics. We love people who aren’t afraid to tackle new challenges and are happy to work on whatever’s needed!
What you’ll be doing
- Move the Snowplow website from a static concern to a dynamic, evolving marketing asset
- Work on new website design and redesign projects
- Produce original wireframes and design mockups and incorporate feedback from various teams and stakeholders
- Understanding of cross-device and cross-browser concepts and concerns
- Working knowledge of common performance issues and how to overcome them
- Manage, test and push live continuous updates to the website
- Turn product and marketing ideas and content into appealing landing pages
- Work with the Growth team to perform A/B tests of website features and improve site conversion rates
- Think about the “whole” Snowplow product and experience end-to-end; from landing page through to upsold SaaS customer.
We’d love to hear from you if
- The idea of working for a growing startup excites you
- You have 2+ years of experience in web development and design
- You possess functional knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience working in Jekyll and Sass is a plus
- You have ideally worked in/with a B2B SaaS company
- Experience with web analytics such as Google Analytics, HotJar et al is a plus
- You have a creative approach to web design and familiar with the latest design principles
- You can think holistically about design and UI without compromising on getting the message across
- You have a passion for technology and relaying complex information and content in a visually appealing way
What you’ll get in return
- A competitive package based on experience, including share options.
- 25 days of holiday a year (plus bank holidays)
- MacBook or Dell XPS 13/15
- Freedom to work from wherever suits you best
- Two fantastic company Away-Weeks in different European cities each year (the next one will be in Lisbon in May 2019)
- Work alongside a supportive and talented team
- Grow and develop in a fast-moving, collaborative organisation
- Enjoy fun events in and around London organised by our Cultural Work Committee
- Learn to code or improve your existing skills with our Software Development Guild
- Convenient location in central London (Shoreditch)
- Continuous supply of Pact coffee and healthy snacks