WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
To support our Product team, Laterpay is looking for a driven, experienced, collaborative, full time Senior Designer. You’ll report to our Head of UX and will work closely together with our Engineering and Product teams.You must have an eye for clean, simple, and meaningful designs, while also understanding the need for compromise to help other departments reach their goals with the designs we create. You must be able to keep track of several projects with different teams. You must also feel comfortable working in distributed teams across a wide range of time zones. To be successful in this role, you need to be a great communicator and thrive in a startup environment.
- Collaborate with the Head of UX, Engineering, and Product teams to optimise and improve current user flows and design
- Work on the design of core Laterpay products
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to continuous alignment with all involved parties
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user personas and flows, process flows and sitemaps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Identify both existing and potential design problems and provide elegant solutions
- Assist in user research and testing with a view to translating user feedback into thoughtful, user-driven design
- Own and promote design guidelines, best practices, a component library and UX standards within our company wiki with a view to educating teams about the principles of UX and why they are important for our product
- Work closely with the Head of UX to plan projects, shape the overall brand, and shape design strategy
- A good command of English: written and verbal, producing and understanding.
- As a distributed team, we primarily communicate via Slack, so the ability to clearly and completely communicate in written English is vital.
- We also frequently hop on calls, both audio and video, so the ability to clearly speak and understand English is also vital.
- Proficiency in Adobe XD, Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Strong experience designing websites, native mobile apps, and marketing materials
- Great communication and collaboration skills, able to work smoothly with different teams
- Experience working in an agile, iterative development environment
- Ability to multitask across multiple projects in a sometimes chaotic (but always fun) environment
- Comfortable and confident with making design decisions on your own, based on experience and communication with our Head of UX
HOW WE WORK
Laterpay has around 50 people spread over 15+ countries in time zones from UTC-8 to UTC+2. We’re a distributed team, though we have offices in Munich (DE) and New York (US). We care more about the things you do than your presence at a chair at a desk at 9am every day. That said, most of us work Monday - Friday from 7ish UTC to 4ish UTC, and ideally you’ll overlap at least 4 hours (in the European afternoon) with that. We try to be as asynchronous
as possible, but still feel that we need some “synchronicity” to work well.Our values are:
- Be fearless. Be entrepreneurial.
- Simplify things.
- Own your decisions. Your successes. Your mistakes.
- Enjoy diversity and inclusion.
- Work as a team. Trust each other.
We’re proud to have employees from many different nationalities, genders, ages, backgrounds, educations, and races. We believe that intentionally assembling a diverse team is not only the right thing to do, but also necessary to build a product that works for and appeals to an audience that faithfully reflects our communities and our shared planet.Check out our Behind the scenes
blog for more insight on how we work.
- AllHands (biannual team event, virtual until we’re allowed to travel again)
- Training budget (€1,000/year)
- Paid sick leave
- Paid time off
- Distributed, international team
- Flexible work
- Company laptop
If this sounds interesting, please apply here and
- Upload your CV,
- Send samples of your best work (either attached here, or as links in your cover letter), and
- Let us know in your cover letter:
- How do you feel about Adobe Xd?
- How do you feel about Zeplin?
- What are you most proud of in your life so far?
- What is your favorite project you’ve worked on and why?
Your application must include a cover letter answering the above questions to be considered.Our preference goes to candidates with a history of working with startups, or in small businesses with small to medium sized teams, and who have stellar references who can speak to their past experience as a great team member to work with.We will be accepting applications until September 24th, 2020. We’ll spend time reviewing applications until October 2nd, 2020] -- no need to check in with us if you don’t hear anything back from us during this time!
€50,000 - €70,000 / year, negotiable based on experience and skills level.