Lead Software Engineer (DevOps)
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.®
- Minimum 10 years of software development or software hosting operations experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience implementing and monitoring CI/CD processes.
- Minimum 3 years working with public cloud-hosted applications, projects, and infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Microsoft .NET Core, C# 8.0 or Java microservices.
- Experience with Public cloud environments: Azure, AWS or GCP.
- Experience with RESTful API’s as well as integrating with SOAP-based API’s and web services.
- SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB) database experience.
- Apache or Confluent Kafka experience.
- Docker Containers, Kubernetes or Azure Kubernetes Service.
- Key Vaults and Certificate Management experience.
- ElasticStack, LogStash/Fluentd, Kibana.
- Git-based repositories.
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server or Azure DevOps Pipelines.
- JHA Silverlake or CIF 20/20 product experience helpful.
- Oversees the timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production.
- Defines or refines standards for the design and development of software. Collaborates with developers, QA, operations, and management to provide technical direction in requirements analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Establishes and reviews business and technical requirements and overall project plans to define or refine standards, ensure adherence to standards, and to facilitate the transfer of knowledge throughout the development staff.
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which require extensive research and analysis.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides both individual and budget-level task and project effort estimates/costs and oversight.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. Oversees the definition and documentation of standards. Contributes to defining and improving department processes.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Performs release validation testing and beta support for projects.
- Researches problems and develops solutions to the problems.
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers.
- Identifies and evaluates new technologies and development environments.
- May contribute to product architecture.
- May assist less experienced peers. May act as a team lead.