As a WordPress Developer, you will work with the design and project management team to develop custom WordPress websites and provide clean coding solutions to complex WordPress functionality requests on existing client websites. To succeed in this role, you should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment and be able to manage working with a team on multiple website projects concurrently. The right candidate is hungry for growth and learning, understands the importance of user experience, and knows how to balance functionality with design. Strong coding skills and high attention to detail are critical to maintain efficiency without sacrificing quality.
- Take design comps (both desktop and mobile) and develop them into fully functional WordPress sites.
- Develop WordPress theme customizations on new projects and existing client sites.
- Customize WordPress functions, custom fields and develop on proprietary plugins for client specific applications.
- Generate expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary solutions and bring new ideas to the team.
- Develop with e-commerce frameworks (WooCommerce, Shopify, etc.), multi-site deployments and advanced third-party integrations.
- Be prepared to showcase past WordPress development projects. This includes theme development, fully-coded sites, plugins, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, a similar field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years' experience in developing for WordPress. Other CMS platforms is a bonus.
- Experience and/or technical knowledge of APIs and content delivery.
- Ability to turn a completed design into a fully functional website under strict timeline requirements.
- Thorough understanding of responsive design principles for mobile development.
- Ability to balance projects and manage time efficiently.
- Strong communication skills to allow for efficient team collaboration.
Good candidates have the ability to develop creative solutions to solve client problems. We're looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who is hungry to learn, take on projects, and bring something new to our company culture.
This position will work closely with the designers, project managers and webmasters to present a significant opportunity for growth. You must be able to use data to make intelligent marketing decisions, and enjoy learning the overall SEO, conversion and business impacts of your coded solutions!
Benefits of Working for Blue Corona
We work hard, but we maintain a fun and family-like environment filled with social events, birthday celebrations, and free lunch EVERY Friday. Not only do we offer health, vision and dental insurance packages, our benefits include: 401(k) matching, a subsidized gym membership, HSA contribution, and generous holiday schedules and paid vacation time. We also love company swag (who doesn't?). Our latest order consisted of Patagonia fleece jackets, Swell bottles, and Yeti tumblers. Don't you want to join our team before the next batch is ordered?
About Blue Corona
Founded in 2008, Blue Corona is a data-driven online marketing company that helps businesses accurately measure and track their advertising efforts to generate more leads and sales from the web. For each client, Blue Corona implements inbound internet marketing strategies such as pay per click (PPC) advertising, search engine optimization (SEO), online lead generation, ad tracking, conversion rate optimization, and website redesigns. Blue Corona was ranked on the 2012 Inc. 500 list and has placed on the Inc. 500|5000 every year since (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018). The company has offices in both Gaithersburg, MD and Charlotte, NC.