Front End Shopify & WordPress Developer
Aeolidia is looking for a Front End Web Developer to join our team! You might be the perfect fit for this part-time, remote contract position if you are an experienced front-end developer with solid Shopify ecommerce experience and WordPress experience.
Aeolidia is a “one stop shop” design agency that develops brands and creates story-centered ecommerce websites for designers, artisans, and curators that have made it past the startup phase. We pair our custom strategic Shopify websites with analytical insights to continually optimize clients’ sites, resulting in significant growth to their online retail sales.
As a web developer for our clients, your work is vital in bringing our strategic design projects to life, and you will work closely with multiple designers and clients at a time to make sure the approved design is faithfully recreated on Shopify and/or WordPress with all planned features and functionality.You’re a Great Fit For Our Team If:
- You can commit to working 15-20 hours per week, and are interested in growing in the role.
- You have a reliable internet connection which allows you to work from anywhere.
- You’re a front-end developer with at least three (3) years of Shopify ecommerce experience.
- You have WordPress experience as well, and can ensure one seamless-looking site between the two software programs.
- You know how to code a website from a Sketch file, PSD file, AI file, or Zeplin. Really, really well.
- You know what makes a user-friendly, high-converting ecommerce experience.
- You are experienced using Git to push commits to a remote repository like Bitbucket or Github.
- You have a comprehensive understanding of theme sections and section blocks.
- You know the difference between a section and a snippet and which one is appropriate for your use case.
- You write well organized, well indented, and commented code that is easily read by other developers.
- You are familiar with and know how to use structured data and JSON-LD.
- You are a skilled communicator who works one-on-one with clients.
- You are able to express yourself clearly and cheerfully to non-technical people over email, video, and phone.
- You are skilled at giving clear tutorials and walk-through trainings.
- You are punctual to an extreme.
- You are excited to keep growing and learning best practices and new technologies.
- You’re not someone who settles for the status quo. You continuously look for ways to improve and streamline our processes.
Fun Perks to Look Forward To:
As part of the Aeolidia team, here are some benefits we will offer you:
- Flexible work schedule
- Remote work position
- Our virtual office is closed for two weeks during the winter holiday season
- Culture flexibility and freedom in decision making, problem solving, autonomous work environment, and ownership of your position and responsibilities
Flat per-project rates for this role will be based upon your experience and education.More details on our site.