ApproveMe.com is in immediate need of a Full Stack WordPress PHP developer to work alongside our UX Designers, lead developer, and support staff. This is a contract engagement.
As a WordPress Developer, you deserve to use your development skills to their fullest potential... to grow into the BEST future version of yourself... to help build a product that changes an industry (and your portfolio) forever.
Our team consists of some wildly talented designers and developers with backgrounds working on products such as: Active Campaign, Twitter, Atlasssian, and Helpscout.
Together we have been secretly crafting an absolutely gorgeous, user-focused SaaS product (with personality and pizzazz) based off of 6+ years of user feedback from thousands of our customers. Continual development of our websites, eCommerce workflow, and updating designs is critical to our growth.
This is an opportunity that could change your portfolio forever.
Our mission is clear:
We are leveraging our exponential success of our current products to gear up and deliver a new revolutionary SaaS/cloud hosted platform. We are looking for a talented and innovative developer to help us on our mission.
If you are a WordPress Developer able to commit to 40+ hours and have experience building highly scalable digital products, then our team would provide a great opportunity for you.
This position is a contract engagement and potential candidates will likely undergo a (paid) test project
You will work on:
- 4+ years experience with modern WordPress PHP development strategies
- You develop things the “WordPress way” whenever possible, using constructs, functions and classes which lean on the WordPress infrastructure to keep technical debt and maintenance costs low
- You consider yourself and advanced WordPress Developer, experience in both the front and back end efforts
- You develop your WordPress sites locally and and don’t edit code on the live server manually (no cowboy coding) as a rule.
- Solid working experience using WordPress RESTful Api, registering routes, and ajax calls
- You write well documented code that others can collaborate with
- Experience with installing and using gulp, SCSS
- Strong skill set with CSS/SCSS using newer stuff like flex, grid. Familiarity with methods like BEM, Atomic Design is a plus
- Experience with wp cli, writing scripts, and mysql a plus.
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs.
- Apache and Ngnix, and hybrid based web servers
- Experience with standard Git development workflows.
- Experience working within Agile development environments.
- Understand the entire project lifecycle for software development.
- 100% fluent in the English language.
With Some Of Your Previous Experience You May Have Accomplished The Following:
Our Tech Stack:
BACK END: PHP, WordPress, wp cli, mysql
FRONT-END: Heavy focus on Vanilla JS, CSS. Of course, html and some jQuery
CLOUD: AWS Managed VPS service
Why Work Here?
Our developers work on exciting and complex problems. You'll learn a ton working with a creative, fun team who value your technical expertise.
Here is a little bit more about us:
ApproveMe.com is a 6+ year old startup in the legal tech space. Our current product, WP Esign, transforms a WordPress powered website into a legally binding, court recognized document signing application. We have taken the market by storm and our plugin is within the top 5% of the WP ecosystem. Our incredible customers are what have made WP ESign the most successful WordPress powered document signing solution available today. We're now building on that success and working on a very powerful SaaS product. We are actively looking for an engaging, inquisitive, experienced WordPress developer, who is looking to expand their creative and professional horizons.
A document signing experience shouldn’t be stiff, cold and corporate. It’s exciting. Your first house. Launching a business. Sending a kid to summer camp. These are events and transactions worth celebrating. The experience is for real people so the experience should feel like a celebration.
ApproveMe is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This is a remote position - our team is spread around the globe! Our home base is in Arizona, USA, so company operating hours are 9am - 5pm MST (UTC -7). While full coverage is not a requirement, you must be available during a portion of the day.
- Personal Computer with Internet Access
- Availability to participate in audio/video meetings any 4 hours out of the day between the hours 9 am - 5 pm MST