Senior DevOps Engineer - US - Dec 2020
Title: Senior Devops Engineer
Reports to: Technical Director
Based at: Remote but based in US
This role is to help our clients build solutions and platforms; help them to launch new product ventures and fundamentally change how they operate.
Join a highly-skilled multidisciplinary team; typically consisting of designers, front-end and back-end experts, DevOps engineers, and also members of the client team. This mix follows a modern agile development methodology where we run 2-week sprints with a defined backlog, daily standups, weekly demos, sprint planning and sprint retros; all with as little ceremony as necessary.
What do we ask of you?
- 6+ years experience developing at an enterprise level
- Modern DevOps mindset using best of breed open-source tools and technologies, for example, Terraform and Ansible
- Experience working with containers and container orchestration must include Kubernetes
- Experience managing and automating real-world platforms/applications on AWS
- Experience with Continuous Integration and the building of continuous delivery pipelines
- Security awareness throughout the stack
- Experience with security assessments frameworks (eg. Soc2)
- Data storage experience with RDBMS and NoSQL technologies
- Experience working in a Remote Agile environment
- Located in Europe
- Availability for short-term travel on a semi-regular basis
- Fluent English and outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
What will you get?
- Work/Life balance: we have a genuine dedication to work/life balance.
- Family-friendly: we understand how important family is, so our flexible environment allows you to work around what matters - school run, no problem!
- The Wellness Hub: we offer resources and support and have a genuine commitment to fostering/improving NearFormer’s wellbeing.
- Knowledge perks: explore new hobbies, brush up on life skills or simply learn something new, there is something there for everyone.
- NearFest: we all get together in person at our annual company retreat
Why do you want to join the team?
We adopt a person-first approach to hiring. That means we hire the best people – it’s as simple as that. Our lucky HR team gets to pick the cream of the crop from around the world and has brought together a collection of dynamic and talented individuals we like to call ‘NearFormers’.
Although we are widely dispersed, NearFormers are a tightly-knit team. We trust one another and care about our colleagues. Building on our open-source origins, we promote the sharing of thoughts, knowledge and ideas.
NearForm is committed to shaping a better world in all that we do. Our global team is built based on respect, inclusivity, diversity and excellence.