Apple Software Engineer
As an engineer on the Apple platforms team at Plex you will be part of a small distributed team responsible for building & maintaining one of the most-watched & highest-rated streaming apps on iOS and Apple TV. You will collaborate with other teams across the organization to deliver new features, as well as working on bug fixes, code reviews, and participating in key decisions that drive the team & product forward.
Who You Are:
- You have significant iOS engineering experience (5 years or more)
- You have experience writing code in both Objective-C and Swift.
- You have experience developing native iOS apps using system frameworks like UIKit.
- You have familiarity with the MVVM design pattern.
- You’re kind, helpful, smart, and get stuff done.
- You’re self motivated and able to work well in a distributed team across the globe.
- You’re a software engineer with experience working in groups, but with the ability to work independently.
- You believe in asking for help and helping others when they ask, never throwing a problem over the wall.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment, with an ability to be nimble and shift priorities as called for in a dynamic space.
- You are hungry to have an impact, continuously working to improve our product, process and push the team to be it’s best.
- You are familiar with Cocoapods, Git, Github
In Addition, It would be Great if:
- You’ve worked with video playback technologies.
- You have experience in codebases in a transition from Objective-C to Swift.
- You are familiar with the challenges of working with large codebases.
- You have experience working with client-server based apps, and debugging network requests.
- You have worked with OpenGL or Metal.