Systems Engineer for WordPress VIP (100% Remote)
We’d love to chat with you if you have:
- Experience with implementing and supporting Kubernetes-based infrastructure.
- Experience working on a large-scale system to make it performant, highly scalable, and fault-tolerant.
- Experience in Linux systems administration and a deep understanding of how web-related services (load balancers, high availability solutions, web servers, databases, caching daemons, etc.) work.
- Proficiency in information systems concepts, system administration, and cloud platforms.
- Proficiency with some or all of: NGINX, Docker, PHP, Golang, LUA, MySQL, ELK.
- Working knowledge of network technologies such as: TCP/IP stack, IPv6, DNS, Anycast, firewalls (iptables), and TLS.
- A passion for open source software.
- A willingness to learn!
These are exciting times at WordPress VIP and you’ll have a unique opportunity to shape the future of our platform. Join us! We look forward to hearing from you.
Curious who works in engineering at Automattic? Meet our Code Wranglers Brandon, Jeremy, Mark, Jennifer, Roy and Kat at: https://youtu.be/jyhYkuuzL_0