Senior Product Designer
SEEKING EXPERIENCED PRODUCT DESIGNERS
We're looking for a driven, experienced product designer to help us design amazing interfaces for web & mobile apps.
Who are we?
We're WeBuild. A digital design and product studio. We work with inspiring entrepreneurs and innovative companies who are pioneering the future of digital products. We’re based out of sunny San Diego, California although our entire team is remote and spans the globe.
What does the Senior Product Designer do?
The role of the Product Designer is to solve design challenges on a daily basis and carve out responsive designs - working closely with our team and clients to refine them.
- Asking questions + seeking to understand the overall vision for the product
- Researching the landscape and learning about competitors in the market - and what their user experiences and interfaces look/feel like.
- Gathering inspiration and creating moodboards.
- Creating initial wireframes of the user flow and experience. Getting feedback, both internally and externally, and executing rounds of revisions.
- Carving out separate wireframes for mobile, tablet and desktop when needed.
- Carving out simple and beautiful brand style guides & design systems.
- Breathing color and life into the wireframes. Getting feedback and continuing to revise and iterate with enthusiasm.
- Creating additional state that enhances both the UX and UI. Elements such as hover states, success messages, error alerts, loading gifs, etc.
- Designing responsive landing pages for the products we’re creating.
- Translating those designs into development by communicating specific notes on the layouts, animations and interactions.
- Creating user stories for developers to easily follow.
- Ensuring the quality of your designs is reflected in development and every detail matches your vision.
- Communicating issues to the dev team and the solutions of how the interface and experience should look and behave.
The Perfect Candidate
- You’ve designed and helped build digital products in the past and have a strong design philosophy.
- You’re obsessed with product design & know a great product experience from an average one.
- You've worked in a remote environment before and are comfortable collaborating through the interwebs.
- You are incredibly passionate, care deeply about the details and bring an amazing amount of heart+hustle to everything you do.
- You love talking to users, getting real world feedback, and implementing that back into the product.
- You are a strong communicator and can effectively communicate your ideas both internally and externally.
- You love trying out new tools and finding ways to optimize experiences in all avenues of your life.
- You embrace the iterative process and know that nothing perfect happens overnight and that doing truly great work is the result of showing up daily with consistent + impeccable action.
- Bonus points if you understand development and how it influences your design process.
- Sketch/Figma. Familiarity/experience with Sketch is a requirement. Bonus points if you’re experienced with Figma. We use Figma for all of our design and prototyping and is a great way to collaborate with other designers. Easy enough to learn if you know Sketch.
- Product Strategy. We're more than just designers. The ideal candidate loves product strategy and planning (nearly) as much as they love designing. We believe great execution is the result of deliberate, systematic and even obsessive focus on the details.
- User-driven design. Significant experience creating user-focused interfaces across a variety of projects as well as a strong understanding of user experience design including user stories, user flows and information architecture.
- 4+ years experience designing web and/or mobile apps, and have a robust portfolio of relevant product design projects.
- Results-driven. You love creating designs focused around engagement which yield results and have metrics to show for it.
- This is a contract (1099) role to start with at least 20hrs/week of work, with the opportunity for more.
- The ideal candidate would grow with us and eventually become a full-time W-2 employee of WeBuild (although not required)
- We’d love to find someone in California but are open to any state within the continental US
What’s it like to work on the WeBuild team?
- WeBuild is a fully remote team. You have the freedom and flexibility to work from wherever you want to, whenever you want to. We don’t micro-manage your schedule; you’ll be fully empowered to do great work.
- We’re deeply committed to delivering amazing results for our clients
- We use a suite of modern tools to collaborate: Slack for Internal Communication, Notion for Knowledge Sharing & Project Management, Figma for Interface Design, Harvest for Time Tracking, BugHerd for Issue Tracking + many more
- We work hard to hone our craft and become the best at what we do. All the talent in the world won’t replace good old-fashioned hard work. (That being said, we're huge proponents of an amazing work/life balance and we walk our talk.)
- We hire good people above all.
Let’s Work Together!