WordPress Hosting & Support Developer
We’re searching for a hosting & support specialist, with that rare blend of communication and technical abilities, who wants to do work that makes a positive impact on the world.To us, providing excellent customer support isn’t simply about checking boxes or resolving tickets: It’s about demystifying the technical, empathizing with people, and thinking about opportunities beyond the request.
ResponsibilitiesYour day-to-day will change, but your core charges include:
- Aiding in the management of “Yoko Co Support,” which encompasses a variety of issues reported by our clients.
- Researching, troubleshooting, and identifying solutions to resolve customer issues.
- Implementing hands-on technical fixes on client websites
- Assisting with monthly hosting & maintenance, security patches, and plugin updates across multiple server environments
- Collaborating with project managers, web developers, and other team members wherever your special skills are needed
From listening to clients, to tackling requests, hands-on involvement, technical chops, and a positive attitude are absolutely crucial to your success here.Technical Skills
- Deep knowledge of WordPress, including themes, plugins, common configurations, and quirks
- The ability to write and edit custom HTML and CSS
- An understanding of the underlying technologies behind WordPress and web development, including PHP, MySQL, and general website and hosting-related topics, like DNS, redirects, and site performance
- At least 2 years of professional experience working with WordPress
- Professional experience developing WordPress plugins and themes
- Experience with web hosting and maintenance
- Experience with search and performance optimization
Soft Skills & Personal Traits
- You should be someone who feels energized by solving problems and learning new things.
- You’ll need excellent communication skills.
- The ability to multitask is critical.
- And, most importantly, you should care about the work you do.
We’re a digital marketing agency that works exclusively with clients who are trying to make the world a better place. Everyone here works remotely, and we have people located all over the world. Fostering an incredible work culture is extremely important to us, and we’ve been named one of the best places to work by the Washington Business Journal.Interested?
In exchange for your skills, we’ll provide a flexible work schedule, medical benefits, great pay, participation in our annual shutdown (we close for about two weeks at the end of every year), and we take off most federal holidays, plus a bunch of other days, too. Most importantly, you’ll be immersed in work that makes a positive impact.Make sure you include your resume and tell us why you think you’d be a great fit for the position. Also, share something cool that you’ve learned recently. Weird trivia encouraged.
We accept international applicants, but you have to be willing to work U.S. business hours (or at least have a good overlap).