The role: The individual will:
- help develop innovative quantitative fundamental, or quantamental, trading strategies based on the firm’s proprietary quantamental system built in partnership with a global financial institution.
- learn the requirements of modern portfolio management, participate in the development of high-level architecture of the quantamental system, and develop and implement lower-level technical solutions.
Qualifications and values:
The key technical requirements are:
- strong programming skills in Python, especially package development
- ideally an academic background or at least an interest in statistics and econometrics
- an interest in economics and finance, particularly trading strategy development The candidate’s core values must include a good work ethic with a strong sense of responsibility and integrity, being comfortable with working in a small project team, and an enjoyment of solving technical problems.
The role is particularly suited for those who:
- are conscientious and dedicated to quality in programming and analysis,
- like finding innovative solutions to difficult problems, and
- wish to expand their know-how and their standing in the financial industry.
The individual will be based in Macrosynergy’s offices in central London. A combination of working in the office and working at home can be considered.
We are open to candidates coming straight from university/academia and/or those that have worked for a few years in the private sector, particularly in the financial services/asset management industry or government sector.