Senior iOS Developer (Swift)
Nearcut iOS App Freelance Project
About the Opportunity
We’re looking for a freelance Senior Developer to build an iOS App from scratch and provide ad hoc maintenance support after delivery.
We are the industry leader in online booking and marketing software for barbers. Barbershops often don't have the capacity to attract business online and organise their time - on top of providing their barbering service. We provide booking and marketing software to enable business owners to easily take bookings online, manage their time and market to their customers. The business is built on Ruby on Rails.
As an iOS developer, you will work closely with the technical founder/CEO to build a card payment processing iOS app for barbershops to take payments easily in their shop. Your work will impact millions of customers and help thousands of small businesses across Europe.
- You have at least 3 years of professional experience developing iOS apps with Swift and Xcode
- You have at least 5 years of professional software development experience (a degree in Computer Science would be considered towards professional experience)
- You have built multiple Swift apps for iOS that are live on the App Store
- You have experience with iOS automated testing tools
- You have a passion for building beautiful apps
- You use test driven development in your work
- You learn quickly
- You iterate and tailor your work based on client feedback
- You have experience integrating with third party libraries, such as the Stripe iOS SDK
- You have experience with Git, including branching and merging strategies
- Setup an automated testing environment for the iOS app
- Offer feedback and suggestions during the design process
- Implement an MVP of our app according to our initial designs, including:
- integrating with Stripe Terminal SDK
- integrating with our back end APIs
- using test driven development
- Work with the founder to review feedback from early test customers and implement improvements to ensure great reliability and UX
- Add features to the app for a second version
Ongoing ad hoc work
- Investigate bug reports and implement fixes on a freelance basis, as and when they should arise
Benefits of our working environment
- Remote-first: We are a remote-first company without an in-person office. We trust our employees to work flexibility and autonomously to efficiently meet business goals.
- Flexible working hours: Aside from regular team meetings and availability during the normal workday, we are happy for you to complete your work whenever you’re most productive.
- Close team: Although we work remotely, our team is close knit and colleagues are always there to help one another.
- Customer feedback: Our customers are small business owners who are very grateful to have our support. We are privileged to work closely with them to continue to improve our product.
- Diverse team: We work with people from many different backgrounds and from different continents. Nearcut is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Hourly rate: Competitive
Availability: You can focus on this project full time until the MVP is complete and you can start the project in the next few weeks
We’re a small team and we’re passionate about being a great company to work with and work for.