Head of DevOps
Who We AreWe are a dynamic, ultra-rapidly growing company on a mission to disrupt the beauty and wellness technology space. We make powerful software that’s helping beauty and wellness salons and studios manage and grow their businesses through an integrated booking, payments and marketing platform. We're fundamentally changing the beauty industry and disrupting legacy software solutions with our affordable, elegant and easy-to-use solution.
We launched our first product in 2017 and we've rapidly grown to be one of the largest brands in the beauty and wellness tech industry -serving tens of thousands of businesses across the US that have millions of end clients (i.e., consumers of beauty services) with hundreds of millions of dollars in bookings annually on our platform.
We partner with some of the biggest brands in the industry and are backed by some of the top venture capital and strategic partners in the world.
We are a team of over 70 brilliant, ambitious, super smart and talented professionals obsessed with helping our customers grow and thrive with their businesses. While our headquarters is in New York City, we have teams working across the world in a number of countries.
We're currently looking to grow our engineering team significantly and are looking to fill more than 30 new positions.
What You'll DoIn this role, you will:
- Lead, grow and inspire the cloud infrastructure engineering teams, while building strong ownership and accountability within the team and management layer as the business and product complexity grows at rapid pace
- Lead a team of engineers that design and develop scalable infrastructure and software tooling solutions across the entire GlossGenius platform
- Promote CI/CD/monitoring/alerting standardization across multiple development teams and application services
- Build long term technical and team strategies that align with GlossGenius’ strategic plan and influences the overall company direction. You will own the long term technical vision and roadmap.
- Migrate all of our infrastructure and applications over from Heroku to AWS and set up best-in-class supporting systems (e.g., deployment, monitoring, alerting, logging, etc.)
- Drive the infrastructural-level migration to service-oriented architecture from various monolithic services.
- Build best-in-class CI/CD pipelines and workflows across our back-end, web and mobile applications.
- Develop process and team to support round-the-clock support and maintenance of the GlossGenius platform.
- Build and develop engineering teams while challenging and motivating team to accomplish significant deliverables with tight deadlines.
- Oversee application and infrastructure architecture to ensure operational and development security best practices are being embedded in the foundation of the way GlossGenius delivers its products and services.
- Drive adoption and a culture of security champions using your influence to drive practical solutions and implementations in a complex and diverse application and product stack.
- Forge strong partnerships with leaders across the company and use your influence to ensure mainstream adoption for current and future state products.
- Grow the team by working with recruiting to identify and hire excellent engineering and leadership talent.
- Drive engineering excellence by evangelizing best DevOps, SRE, and production engineering practices.
- You have 8+ years of experience in engineering, with a strong background in infrastructure, DevOps and SRE at a high-growth startup
- Experience building and scaling a company's DevOps or infrastructure engineering team and organization, processes and technology from scratch. We strongly prefer people who are 'builders' and 'scalers' with experience building successful engineering organizations at quickly growing startups.
- Ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams, and navigate technical ambiguity with only high-level direction.
- Experience leading teams; the ability to manage processes and the flow of work in a complex environment; the ability to regularly improve processes
- You are a great communicator with the passion and energy to share the vision of GlossGenius' data organization to the rest of the business.
- Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects in spite of incomplete or inaccurate data.
- An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment.
- Ability to build strong trusting relationships with engineers, product and leaders
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.