Head of Finance
ContentFly (YC W21) is one of the fastest growing B2B startups in the world. Building the Mailchimp for Content Marketing, we've grown to nearly $4m ARR in a year with a small team, no sales or dedicated marketing. We just closed a $10m Series A with Tier 1 funds like Khosla Ventures & YCombinator.
The Head of Finance role is a critical asset to the team to help the COO, ContentFly leadership and the Board gain financial visibility and insights into the business. As ContentFly's first Finance employee, this role will build and lead ContentFly's financial processes, including our Annual Planning process, quarterly forecasts, and stakeholder financial reporting.
The Head of Finance will own the overall company financial model, and will partner closely with ContentFly leadership to set financial expectations, and to help tell our story through numbers. The Head of Finance will partner with all operational teams on all aspects of the business that impact our financial outlook, partnering with teams across Whatnot, its leadership team and the Board. The ideal candidate is an FP&A athlete with specific experience in a high-growth, technology-based startup.
You'll be employee #25. Excited to build the financial engine that takes us to 250? Let's talk.
- Develop and manage key financial processes, including forecasting, budgeting, reporting and stakeholder financial deliverables.
- Create financial commentaries and documents to support key financial deliverables.
- Develop new processes or improve existing processes relating to financial planning/reporting.
- Develop metrics to track team-specific and company-wide trends, identify opportunities, provide recommendations, and collaborate gobally.
- Support ad-hoc projects and analysis to identify systems improvements, cost savings and growth.
- Apply an analytical approach to influence strategic decision-making, with a focus on capital allocation and long-term financial planning.
- Lead the development of ContentFly's financial systems.
- Evaluate merger and acquisition opportunities as needed.
- A Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Finance, Business, Economics or other relevant field
- 2-4 years' experience in investment banking, M&A or related fields
- 2-4 years' experience working in a fast-growing, venture-backed tech startup
- Experience building, leading and developing a team
- Experience leading complex workstreams
- Excellent proficiency in accounting and corporate finance concepts
- Familiarity with financial planning processes and financial systems
- Consistent success and career progression
Why you should join ContentFly
- Above market salary + options
- Unlimited vacation/PTO
- Fully remote & distributed
- Free laptop + home office budget
- Physical + mental health budgets
- We'll fly you around the world multiple times a year to hang out with the team in interesting places