Senior Back-End Engineer
What we’re looking forUltimately we’re looking for someone who can autonomously work on an agile team, feel comfortable owning entire projects, make strong architecture and software decisions, speak to their choices, and mentor other engineers. You’ll be building high-quality, well-tested systems that are stable and secure and implementing new feature work.Our team is part of a deeply collaborative organization. We’re looking for someone comfortable talking with their day-to-day partners on product and design— but also customer experience, sales, marketing, support, our CEO and everyone in between. As our back-end software engineer, you’ll be…
- Helping us build an engineering team in house. After years of working with contracting agencies, we’re investing in building our team. You’ll have an immense opportunity to make an impact in helping set us up for success long term.
- Adding features and refactoring code where needed for a high availability CRM.
- Making architectural and software decisions, especially for our Rails and database configurations.
- Practicing test driven development.
Skills that will help you have success in this role:
- 5+ years of professional experience with exposure to both frontend and backend development. While the years aren’t a hard requirement, significant experience in a role similar to this is something we’re looking for. You will be counted on to research and execute on major technical decisions— starting out you will be our back end technologies expert. We will be looking to you for what to do next.
- Experience using a broad array of technologies and frameworks like: Ruby on Rails, ElasticSearch, relational databases, SQL (we use PostgreSQL), GraphQL, Docker, Ci/CD pipelines, and API’s. Experience with managing deployments and configuring hosted environments like AWS, Heroku, Digital Ocean, etc.
Experience in any/all of these is an asset, but not required. Similar experiences and a willingness/ability to learn on the job will go a long way.We know there are great candidates who won’t check all of these boxes, and we also know you might bring important skills that we haven’t considered. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.Who we are:We are a growth stage startup that isn’t resting on its laurels. We’re continuing to pursue new products and finding new ways to listen to— and meet the needs of commercial real estate brokers. What we offer:
- Flexible vacation and powder days
- Hybrid work model - work remote or in the office (depending on where you live)
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision
- 401K and company-paid life, short-, and long-term disability insurance
- A team that cares about the work they’re doing but also values work/life balance.