Software Engineering Manager for automotive/motorsport SaaS marketplace
We are an automotive lifestyle brand for people who love cars and love driving them. We have an opportunity for a Senior Engineering Manager on our motorsports team. Vroom vroom!This is a full-time remote role open to anyone eligible for employment in the United States (citizen, green card, visa holder, etc).
About the Role:
As our Senior Engineering Manager for Hagerty Motorsports, you are part of the leadership team providing strategic direction and tactical execution to drive the continuous improvement of our motorsport software platforms including MotorsportReg.com, RaceHero and SpeedWaiver. Our membership and event management platforms are used by 1,400 clubs, racetracks and sanctioning bodies to organize more than 7,000 events annually making it the largest automotive and motorsport event marketplace in the world.
Your teams will be building and evolving systems and APIs built with Docker and AWS using technologies like Postgres, Node, VueJS, Lambda, SNS and more. You and your team will expand our product into new segments and international markets. Guten Tag!
You will lead two development teams operating in an agile environment and provide guidance to the Product Manager and business partners. You will be a key player responsible for executing large complex projects, mentoring team members, maturing processes and standards, removing impediments, influencing design choices, product thinking, and interacting with stakeholders.
You are accountable to on-time technical delivery that is reliable, scalable, secure, and maintainable. You will own six key categories of activities:
- Collaborate with the Director of Motorsports Product to guide technical planning and research spikes. Close architectural gaps identified during the development cycle and drive technical decision-making.
- Execution of an agile development process including breakdown of stories into technical tasks and backlog grooming for full-time teams and partners/contractors.
- Maintaining code quality and standards with code reviews and automated testing to ensure that we can confidently code, refactor, and ship.
- DevOps and technical operations to ensure that local, staging, and production environments are highly available and performant for users and easy to onboard for developers to accelerate productivity.
- Communicate progress internally and coordinate product delivery with sales, marketing and support.
- Hire, scale and develop the team; continually growing a bench, recruiting top-notch customer-driven engineers, coaching them for success, and challenging them to perform at a high level.
This Might Describe You
- Success managing vendors and third-party consultants, including responsibility for their deliverables and budgets.
- Expertise implementing and operating AWS services including ECS (Fargate), RDS, SNS, Lambda
- Regular use of test automation frameworks and automated test suites within CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience developing consumer-facing products is preferred, e.g., SaaS, two-sided marketplaces.