Sr. DevOps Engineer
SocialChorus the creator of FirstUp, the platform that orchestrates the digital employee experience. FirstUp brings personalized information and systems access to every worker, everywhere-no matter whether they’re wired, distributed, or frontline/essential. Joining SocialChorus means joining a movement to connect every worker. This movement has taken root and is evident in our world-class customer base and their millions of employees worldwide. Now we need your help. Ready to make a difference in the world? We are currently seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to help elevate our enterprise communications platform used by the largest companies in the world with the most technically complex environments you can find. Ready for a challenge?We are a distributed team. Yes, we have offices in several cities but we build solutions for distributed workforces so we model our workforce the same way. In this role you really can work where you want.
- Design, develop and deliver scalable and automated services and architecture - Infrastructure as code
- Architect, design and implement solutions with cloud native solutions within AWS
- Automate software delivery pipelines for various applications and services
- Ensure full-stack software solutions are architected and delivered using industry-leading DevOps best practices and technologies (immutable infrastructure, infrastructure-as-code, version control on everything, self-healing applications)
- Collaborate to define best practices and standards around DevOps and service resilience
- Create reusable automation libraries that can be applied across the enterprise
- Develop usage standards, user self-service designs, and reporting on application KPIs
- Identify gaps, suggest improvements and coordinate monitoring, alerting and logging of improvements
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Troubleshoot production issues and perform on-call duties
The Ideal Candidate
- Cloud Experience:
- Has 4+ years of operating on large scale production environments (AWS required).
- AWS core services experience (EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda, API Gateway, EKS)
- Has demonstrable knowledge of DevOps in an Enterprise setting, specifically within AWS (AWS EKS/Docker/Container/Helm technology experience highly preferred).
- Experience with CircleCI or other common CI/CD platforms
- Problem Solving:
- Very strong troubleshooting skills with AWS, Kubernetes, and Linux; ideally when under high pressure situations
- Deals well with ambiguous or undefined problems; ability to think abstractly and guide others
- Is comfortable performing requirements analysis, interfacing with stakeholders of various levels and documenting solutions
- Technical Acumen:
- Has the ability to articulate technical topics to non-technical audiences both in writing, in diagrams, and in person
- Doesn’t mind talking with prospects or customers to walk through the technical and security aspects of the platform
- Has an affinity for security and privacy
- Team Adoption
- Displays strong leadership and communication skills; be clear and concise
- Is an energetic team player who works well across the business and readily adapts to change
- Confident of your skills, abilities and willing to share what you know, while learning from others
- Has familiarity with working in a remote/distributed team
Why SocialChorus? Because you care. About people, the work you do, and the connections you make. Work is such a large part of life, it only makes sense to make it awesome. If you want to engage brilliant minds in a true start-up environment where ideas are rewarded regardless of who they come from, join us. This is a rapidly changing space so if you thrive on ambiguity, are hungry for a challenge, and have the guts to speak your mind it could be a perfect fit. Come for the challenges, come for the people, and the unlimited PTO, health benefits, 401k plan, casual and friendly environment, and a leadership team who truly believes in your growth both professionally and personally will keep you here. We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.