DevOps Engineer (Remote within Europe)
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our TechOps team and support Rewind’s upcoming plans to be the only service your business needs to protect its valuable data!
Rewind is a service that protects the data that is driving your business, from a simple side hustle to a successful venture. Our focus is on backing up data that lives in the cloud – in apps like Shopify, BigCommerce, and QuickBooks Online. We invite you to read our startup story
to learn where we came from and where we’re going. For a more technical view, check out our Behind the App feature
on the BigCommerce Developers Blog.
We care about honesty, we believe in learning from our mistakes, and we support each other as we grow.
About the Job
You will be a part of a small, but growing, development team responsible for backing up billions of items for over 10,000+ businesses.
- Helping automate everything around CI/CD and deployment while also helping to troubleshoot interesting issues that arise. You’ll be doing that as we scale to 100,000+ customers.
- Working with the existing team to evaluate our current cloud infrastructure, make recommendations, and implement improvements to create simplicity, save costs, and set-up the business as we scale.
- Providing guidance to the R&D team on best practices/tools/services to use in AWS.
- Fostering a Devops culture throughout the R&D organization; You preach infrastructure as code and help using tools like terraform and cloudformation.
- On occasion and as needed, work with the support team to investigate and resolve customer issues.
Take a look at our Engineering Blog
for some of the problem areas we’ve worked on
We are looking for an Intermediate DevOps engineer who’s previous experience includes:
- Ruby on Rails knowledge is helpful but not a must
- Linux/Unix administration
- Experience with CI/CD systems (Jenkins, Circle-ci, Travis, etc.)
- Strong experience with AWS (1+ years experience).
- Working for a SAAS company hosting their application on AWS
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Experience with SQL and PostgreSQL (NoSQL experience is a plus).
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby).
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- A working understanding of Docker and container orchestration
- Being able to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously and handle a fast-paced work environment, new challenges, and changing priorities.
- 'Customer service is an attitude, not a department' - this quote should resonate with you
- We appreciate people who can take a stand yet commit even when they disagree. We subject ideas to rigorous consideration and challenge each other, but all remember that we’re here for the same purpose: to do good work together. That comes with direct feedback, openness to each others’ experience, and willingness to show up for each other
About our Hiring Process
You can expect us to be curious about who you are, what experiences you have gained to date and what you are looking for in your next opportunity. We know that you are selecting us as an employer just as much as we are inviting you to join our team. We will provide a series of opportunities for us to connect and for you to meet various members of our team. Please ask us questions and let us know how we can support you throughout our hiring process.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We don’t hire people to fill boxes - each new hire is an opportunity for us to augment our collective perspective and to make us a stronger team… and that is where you come in!
We are dedicated to providing an inclusive and supportive workplace where all of our teammates can bring their full and authentic selves to work... everyday. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we consider all applicants for employment and certainly invite those who identify as members of underrepresented communities to apply and join our team! And hey - we may not have a role available today that would be exciting to you, but we are growing fast and would love to have you join our talent community.