Hello! Thanks for your interest in the Director of Sales
position we just announced
. We’re growing our team at TEN7
and are searching for our next United States-based colleague. Please read this job posting carefully.
As the Director of Sales, you’ll join the leadership team at TEN7. You’ll be responsible for not only developing growth strategies that bring in new business, but following through and executing on them as well. You’ll be an integral part of the whole team. You’ll get to know our skills, our portfolio of happy clients, what we’re proud of, what we’ve built and supported, and what we aspire to do as a bigger company. You’ll build relationships with our clients, forge new relationships with new clients, write proposals, sell proposals, identify opportunities that align with our mission, work with the marketing team to understand our voice, work with the technical team to understand if what you are promising is possible, and more. At the end of the year, you’ll have brought in new business, but you will have also contributed to our processes, our standards, and perhaps even contributed something to open source.Your Responsibilities
These will be your responsibilities to start, and you'll work with the CEO on a monthly basis to make sure they continue to be challenging and rewarding:
- Identify and respond to RFPsUse your experience, knowledge of TEN7 and network to identify RFPs that align with our skills and values. Produce responses, follow up, present and win new business.
- Client relationshipsBuild and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships. Ensure that we understand their needs and objectives, and that we use empathy in every client touchpoint.
- Standards and processDevelop internal standards, processes, templates and a voice that can be used to expand our impact to Make Things That Matter.
- LeadershipBe a contributing member of the Leadership team together with the CEO, Director of Operations and Director of Development. Report on sales goals, progress, issues, successes. Provide opinions and counsel on other areas of our business.
- Be presentBe present and prepared for team meetings.
- Share and learnShare what you know and learn from what others have to share.
- Support othersSupport your teammates when they’re in need.
- Accept supportAllow yourself to accept support when that teammate is you.
Qualities we’re looking for:
- Sales or Account Management ExperienceWe’re looking for someone who has a proven record of sales to new clients, or success in managing existing accounts and clients and would like to move into more of a traditional sales role. You should be able to drive a sales process from beginning to end.
- Experience with and understanding of the Discovery, Design, Development and Support ProcessYou’ve sold the build of a new website before. You know all the steps that go into doing the job and where the hang ups are. You can speak to the technical difficulties, the design issues, the support hours at a high level. You're honest about what's possible.
- Communications skillsYou have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You're comfortable working directly with technical staff members, non-technical clients and potential clients. You know how to listen, to negotiate and presenting a proposal is something you’ve done before. You can record a video and use that instead of a live presentation. Your tone is always inclusive.
- Web experience, Drupal a bonusYou know about the web. You've been in the agency world — in a services organization — for a while and have either managed a project, managed an account or sold a project that involves building a website. We're not requiring that you've done this with Drupal, but it would certainly help. If you've got experience selling Wordpress, Craft, or any other CMS, you're fine. Since we're Drupal focused, knowledge of Drupal is a bonus.
- ConsiderateYou're empathetic, warm and have a considerate approach towards teammates and clients alike. You're open to other ideas.
- Continuing EducationYou're committed to continuing your education through workshops, seminars, conferences. You have the desire to learn, but also to teach. Interested in contributing to the greater community of open source. You'd happily give conference talks if given the opportunity to do so.
Taking care of our employees is a top priority for us. Here’s a list of benefits we’re excited to offer:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with 4% match
- Gusto Cashout
- Technology Stipend
- Professional Development Stipend plus 2 days off
- Carbon Offset
- 9 Paid Holidays When TEN7 is Closed
- 13 days of Paid Time Off, to start
- 6 Personal Wellness Days
- Time Off for Vaccinations
- 2 weeks of Parental Leave
- 4 weeks of Sabbatical after every four years of service
- Paid Time Off for Bereavement and Jury DutyFor details on each of the benefits above, please see
Please provide 3 references along with your application, including their full names, your relationship to them, their email address & phone number.Please also let us know your preferred pronouns.
TEN7 is a distributed company – we work from anywhere
. Our mission is to Make Things That Matter
. We build websites that matter for clients who matter. We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you’re a woman and or a member of another marginalized group, we’d love for you to apply.
We're so happy you're considering us.