Overview UpCounsel is the leading online marketplace connecting small business owners directly with high-quality attorneys for a fraction of the cost of going through Big Law. We enable our community of attorneys to run independent practices without the grueling hours and stress of a large law firm.
UpCounsel is seeking an ambitious, proactive, and highly motivated Account Executive. This role will be responsible for closing independent senior attorneys on an UpCounsel membership with the opportunity to grow into selling memberships to startups and enterprise accounts.
In this role, you will have deep exposure to all revenue lines of the business and hands-on experience with a lean, world-class entrepreneurial team. You will work with a team of SDRs to help you qualify and set meetings along with our Sales Manager and Chief Revenue Officer on training and development. The prospects you will be working with our established, senior business law attorneys.
This role is ideal for someone who is a self-starter and looking to grow into a role that will train you to sell into larger accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with Revenue Team leaders to identify strategic opportunities across all market segments and help build effective email campaigns to deliver strong top-of-funnel opportunities
- Run a high volume sales process averaging two calls to close to hit the quota of about twelve memberships per month
- Occasionally assist with upsells within accounts closed
- Help iterate on sales approaches including email campaigns, marketing materials, slide decks, talking points, and closing strategies
- Help oversee Sales Development Representatives by making edits to copy, running campaign strategy, and giving feedback on how to optimize the qualification process
Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum 1+ years of experience in a SaaS closing role
- Minimum 1+ years of experience in a Sales Development Role handling cold outbound
- Experience cold-calling to book meetings
- Desire to get involved in all aspects of the sales process from writing email campaigns, to calling, to multithreading target accounts
- Self-driven, proactive, and entrepreneurial nature with a desire to learn and grow
- Results-driven mentality, with a bias for speed and action
- Comfort working in a startup environment where we wear many hats
- Experience in the legal industry preferred