- Confident, thoughtful, accessible, approachable
- An advanced strategic thinker and creative problem solver
- A pro at giving and receiving feedback (up, down, across, and with clients) to improve client outcomes and develop professionally
- An inspiring leader
- A teacher
- Quick on your feet and able to deliver under pressure
- An excellent verbal and written communicator
- A consensus-builder
- A strategic guide to clients and team
- Provide strategic guidance to clients and teams
- Oversee client teams by connecting ideas, managing people, and matching resources to client needs
- Excellent client service and strategic counsel in line with INK's high standards
- Strategic planning and execution of integrated programs in tandem with all of INK's IP teams
- Manage budgets
- Anticipate team and client needs with ability to make smart decisions and provide sound recommendations
- Hold team accountable for meaningful results and demonstrate value of communications programs
- Manage multiple team members, mentoring other staff informally
- Know when to pull in RPG, leadership
- Provide feedback or edits to projects and deliverables that are helpful and actionable
- Coach all INKers
- Maintain current skills and quality of work while learning next-level strategy and team management skills
- Demonstrate confidence in day-to-day work such as recommendations to clients and team members, presentation skills, decision making and work quality
- Run meetings and communicate with client and team effectively to find and deliver opportunities of value
- Maintain relationships with media and analysts
- Counsel and prep executives for interviews and other briefing and speaking opportunities
- Follow industry trends and recommend ideas based on this understanding
- Play a leading role in planning and analysis, measurement against set KPIs and account goals looked at through the lens of INK's strategy pillars as well as the client's purpose
- ID, participate in, and be responsible for new business efforts
- Understand and exemplify INK values and differentiators, and represent them in a variety of ways
- Represent INK at strategic meetings and onsite events
- Establish adaptable and repeatable processes that improve client outcomes and INK business performance
- Hone your craft/create subject matter expertise, and coach staff in that area or areas
- Participate in industry thought leadership
- Participate in and lead INK-wide initiatives
- Grow current client programs
- Contribute to overall company goals
- Bachelor's degree
- 9+ years of full-time communications experience, within an agency or similar setting
- Business and PR intuition
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience managing and leading multiple programs
- Understanding of all tools of the trade
- Ability to provide strategic guidance on multiple clients and industries while paying strict attention to detail
- Ability to problem-solve, apply sound judgement, and delegate within team environment
- Experience in program budgeting and resource management
- Experience participating in new business efforts
- Established, growing subject matter expertise
This job is available for remote workers
INK believes that 'good work with good people makes for a good life.' We live this every day through our people, culture, and benefits, which include:
- Award-winning culture - Best Places to Work by Austin Business Journal 6-years running; and 2015 PR News Best Place to Work nationwide.
- Flexible work environment with work from home opportunities and generous vacation and holidays.
- Bonus programs for company performance, new business acquisition and hiring referrals.
- Top-notch health insurance, paid 75% by company (medical, dental, vision, life).
- Competitive compensation package including 401K and profit sharing programs.
- Lots of food and fun events around the office.
- All-Mac shop including all-paid cell service.
- In-house professional development program + individual annual allowance for courses and conferences.
- People-focused values and commitment to individual career development. Supportive culture of teamwork.
- Casual fun office environments in Austin, Denver, and New York.
- Growing company with ambitious goals and room for you to make a difference in our future.