Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
Oddball believes that the best products are built when engineers understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal space.
We are looking for an experienced UX Designer specializing in Accessibility to help improve, analyze and ensure well rounded and compliant design based for federal facing applications and products.
We are looking for someone with the following skillset:
- 5 years experience with 508 Compliance
- Direct experience with developing, designing and testing websites to ensure conformance to section 508 accessibility standards.
- A thorough understanding of Section 508 of the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the ability to apply this knowledge to create strategies for bringing the maximum functionality to ADA users
- Knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 accessibility standards and guidelines
- Developing guidelines and tools to empower others on the team to make accessible design and engineering decisions
- Assist with the examination process of website files for currency and for compliance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with high attention to detail and the ability to communicate complex topics concisely.
- Develop creative and innovative accessibility solutions that adhere to organization and WCAG guidelines
- Test to ensure accessibility solutions are effective and successful
- Experience contributing to design systems for digital products
- Experience planning and executing effective customer research, solo, or in partnership with a UX Researcher
- High proficiency in a variety of design and prototype tools such as Sketch, Invision, Figma, XD, and the Adobe Creative Suite
We need to see a portfolio that showcases a phased, iterative human-centered UX design approach and concise writing samples. We don’t just want to see the end product, we want to know your process, what you learned, how you got there, and how your solution solved the users’ pain points.
This is a salaried role. Oddball provides a monthly continuing education stipend and a tech stipend.
Must be located within the US
Ability to obtain low-level federal clearance is required