Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
As an Area Sales Manager, you will be responsible for contacting, qualifying and contracting with suitable potential customers in the US. Verity's goal is to acquire a limited number of customers and deploy the solution broadly across these organizations. To do so, you will work closely with our Business Development Manager. When engaging with a prospect, you will learn about their business challenges to determine if Verity can serve as a solution. You will establish an action plan to acquire new customers, grow customer adoption, and convert those customers into key accounts. You will be working for us from the US (ideally the East Coast), reporting directly to the Head of Sales and working with a small team based in Zurich, Switzerland.
The global leader in autonomous indoor drone systems, Verity enables zero-error warehousing for big box retailers, third-party logistics providers, and manufacturers, with our integrated inventory tracking system. Verity counts 3PL giant DSV and IKEA among their client base The full automation of indoor data collection and inspection tasks married with today’s powerful data analytics tools allows companies in these and many other industries to disrupt existing processes for inventory management, security, and inspection.
We continuously reach beyond existing limitations to rethink, reimagine, and rework the role of robotics in the world today. Come help us grow in the US!What you’ll do
- Develop sales against a territory plan
- Qualify territory opportunities
- Develop a sales strategy to acquire and transform prospects into key accounts
- Work internally with the sales management, business development and marketing teams to develop and implement appropriate prospect strategies and plans
- Conduct needs assessments calls with specific prospects as assigned
- Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets / objectives
- Create a sales pipeline meeting an agreed quota of business signed opportunities
What you bring
- A business degree with 5 to 10 years of technology related sales hunting and business development experience
- Strong interest in robotics and automation
- Experience building new territories from scratch
- Fluency in English
- Comfortable traveling about 50% of your time
- Residency and ability to work in the U.S.
Who you are
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work independently and remotely
- Business driven with a sharp focus on your goals and a strong approach for achieving them
Why you’ll love Verity
We are a great (and growing) team.At Verity, you’ll be surrounded by team members who are passionate about applying cutting-edge technology to solve some of today’s most fascinating challenges. Our team represents more than 25 nationalities, a variety of advanced degrees, and experience at some of today’s most innovative companies.
We think big.We know that our employees are the key to our success. We are big thinkers—creative problem solvers who share a total commitment to client success. And we believe in the importance of balancing practical experience with honed skill and higher education.
We have an engineering culture.70% of our team—including our leadership team—are engineers. No matter what your role at Verity, you’ll enjoy our solution-oriented engineering culture that features flat hierarchies, an open-door policy, and a focus on mutual trust and joint responsibility.
We deliver cutting-edge technologies.To solve some of today’s most complex challenges, we combine mechanical, electrical, and software engineering with sophisticated algorithms and machine learning. Our solutions encompass everything from embedded applications, to cloud microservices, to complete, innovative autonomous drone systems—that work.
We are growing—fast!Named one of the 25 most-promising Swiss scale-ups in 2020, we are expanding our solutions, extending our markets, and growing our team. Headed by founder and CEO, Raffaello D’Andrea (of Kiva Systems/Amazon Robotics fame), our team has decades of experience building success from the ground up—and creating disruptive solutions that make a mark on the world.
Are you ready for a great adventure?Learn more about who we are, what we do, and how we think at www.verity.ch.