Senior Java/Kotlin Developer
An excellent Kotlin/Java developer is required for our remote-first team.This is a full-time contract and most of our developers have been with us for many years.You will work remotely for us, probably from your home in Eastern Europe or the APAC region, and we will do everything possible to make you feel part of the team.
You will be expected to work 8 hours per weekday. To ensure effective communication with the rest of the team, and also to take part in required agile ceremonies and meetings, your working day must include the hours 10:00 to 14:00 GMT, including during British Summer Time.
Recruitment Agencies and Outsourced Development organisations - please don't waste your time approaching us - we are only willing to hear directly from real, independent candidates.Every application must have a CV attached as well as an indication of your required salary.You will be required to take technical tests and attend a number of interviews with our current developers.
You're friendly, collaborative, pragmatic and you love technology. Your goal is to make the customer happy by delivering the right product, not too much, not too little. Under pressure you find creative ways to manage the workload. When you have more time you're looking for ways to improve the product and reduce complexity. When planning you are keen to hear other points of view but have a clear vision of what you want to achieve. You challenge without forgetting that this is a team, and you are still one of many voices. You are keen to help others to be the best they can be, and are willing to take advice as much as you give it.
At the end of the day you are happy when things are running smoothly, when the job is done right, and the customer is happy.
- Expert Kotlin developer or expert Java with willingness to learn Kotlin
- Proficient with Kubernetes
- Familiarity with some of these - MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, RESTful API, OAuth 2.0, Jersey, Jetty, Jackson, Guava, Gradle, JUnit, Cucumber, Jenkins, Grafana, Kibana, Azure Pipelines
- Excellent English written and verbal communication
- Ability to work to agreed deadlines, cost, scope and quality
- Acute attention to detail
- Collaborative team player
- Capability development of our product families.
- Design, deliver, maintain and disseminate development standards and approaches.
- Contribute to the design of new product features and plan the delivery of these products
- Contribute to the delivery of our capabilities to clients through cross-functional scrum teams
- Own and maintain aspects of our codebase
- Cross skilling across multiple areas of our product family
- Provide technical insight and leadership in collaboration with peers
- Produce technical documentation both internal and client facing