Remote UX redesign of SaaS product used by thousands everyday
About the Opportunity
We’re looking for an experienced UX designer to redesign a core part of our product, used by thousands of customers every day. We expect this project to take around 1 month.
Although this is a standalone project, it is likely there will be other projects of a similar nature in future.
Please note that this is a UX project, focussed on re-designing the structures and user-flows of a core part of our product. The final deliverables (wireframes and user-flows) should be based on our customers’ experience, our customers’ needs and our needs as a business. This is not a UI project and we will not require Hi-Fi designs.
We are the industry leader in online booking and marketing software for barbers. Barbershops often don't have the capacity to attract business online and organise their time - on top of providing their barbering service. We provide booking and marketing software to enable business owners to easily take bookings online, manage their time and market to their customers.
As a UX designer, you will work closely with our development team, operations team and directly with our customers to understand how a core part of our product should be re-designed and function. The project is focussed on the ‘Timetable’ page, used by thousands of barbers everyday to manage their appointments.
Your work will impact thousands of small businesses across Europe.
- You have at least 3 years of professional UX experience
- You have worked on at least one other project for a SaaS product
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- You’re happy to conduct research and speak directly to customers in the UK
- You’re able to get to the root of customers’ needs
- You’re able to balance customer and business needs
- You learn quickly
- You iterate and tailor your work based on client feedback
- You have an excellent attention to detail
- You are reliable and responsive.
- Conduct research with existing customers to understand their needs and how they use the Timetable page
- To combine the customer research with our understanding and priorities as a business.
- To define the information hierarchy, design wireframes and user flows for the ‘Timetable’ page of the booking system
- The key deliverables will be wireframes and user-flows of the Timetable page and associated pages.
- We expect this project to take around 1 month (full-time).
Benefits of our working environment
- Remote-first: We are a remote-first company without an in-person office. We trust our staff to work flexibly and autonomously to efficiently meet business goals.
- Flexible working hours: Aside from regular team meetings and availability during the normal workday, we are happy for you to complete your work whenever you’re most productive.
- Close team: Although we work remotely, our team is close knit and colleagues are always there to help one another.
- Customer feedback: Our customers are small business owners who are very grateful to have our support. We are privileged to work closely with them to continue to improve our product.
- Diverse team: We work with people from many different backgrounds and from different continents. Nearcut is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Hourly rate: Competitive
Availability: You can focus on this project full-time (or close to full-time) for around 1 month, with a start date in the next month.
We’re a small team and we’re passionate about being a great company to work with and work for.