Remote Product Manager - Remote
** EventMobi is a remote-first company and this is a remote job. You may reside anywhere in the world to do this job. However, you must be willing to work during Eastern Standard Time business hours.
Events and conferences are being reimagined online, and EventMobi is building on ten years of event technology experience to innovate one of the most flexible and engaging virtual event platforms. We are an award-winning tech startup with teams in Toronto, Berlin and Manila, with thousands of customers around the globe.
We believe that live events bring people together to enable change – both in business and our society at large. In the era of COVID-19, we have become a remote-first company and are hard at work helping thousands of events pivot to virtual. EventMobi has a huge impact on the success of our customers’ events and on their attendee experience. We are on a mission to revolutionize how event planners create, market and manage their virtual and in-person events, and how remote and on-site attendees experience conferences. We would love for you to join us and leave your mark.
If you are looking for a role that will give you the freedom to apply your product management art and an opportunity to make your mark by helping to redefine an industry - then you’ve come to the right place! The Product team at EventMobi works tirelessly to dig deeper, identify problems and drive the prioritization and solutions forward. As a PM, you must enjoy taking the initiative to empathize with our customers, understand our business needs and work with our designers and the engineering team to deliver quality solutions.
WHAT YOUR WORK WILL FOCUS ON
- Set the direction for the product by leading customer research and identifying strategic areas of improvement with business
- Ensure that product goals are aligned with the overarching business strategy of the company
- Work closely with designers to create new features that solve identified pain points
- Assess the feasibility of designs with engineering leads, capture estimates and define an iterative path towards the solution
- Create feature usage and success reports based to monitor the performance of the product
- Participate in weekly scrum meetings and coordinate with engineering to ensure we are working on the most impactful issues at any given time
- Manage our backlog of prioritized features and bugs
- Help improve the platform by collaborating with engineering on continuously retiring technical debt
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the EventMobi product process
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM
- Product Stripes: 3+ years of experience in product management and with shipping successful products.
- Design Hat: Empower the designers with the right inputs and support their creativity.
- Technical Chops: Solid understanding of agile software development. Collaborate closely with engineers to find ways to deliver value to customers sooner rather than later while simultaneously balancing the needs for addressing bugs and tech debt.
- Data Driven: Basic to intermediate knowledge of SQL is highly desirable.
- A Unicycle: Know how to strike a balance between business needs, customer wants and engineering feasibility.
- Light Bulb: You can communicate complex ideas with simplicity, and can rally people behind your ideas.
- Lab Coat: Obsession with learning, experimenting and perfecting your product art.
- Love of Events: Prior experience in managing or organizing events is a plus.
- Everything above and all that makes you unique!
REMOTE WORKSPACE REQUIREMENTS:
- You have a safe, comfortable, and ergonomic workspace and working environment - a private and quiet workspace is vital for doing your best work!
- You have a reliable ethernet connection of at least 30Mbps upload speed with a wired connection or reliable WiFi at home.
WHAT WILL YOU GET FROM EVENTMOBI?
- We offer the experience of a lifetime working with a dynamic, open-minded and diverse team, who are excited to come to work every day and passionate about what they do and the clients they help
- The Gear - Macbook & other tech essentials for remote work
- Competitive compensation
- Company Stock-Options (Canada only)
- Ongoing coaching & personal development