Remote Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, Mobile
Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
, AST (UTC -4)
, NST (UTC -3:30)
We’re looking for a product-minded and quality-focused Software Engineer who cares deeply about providing a flawless user experience by developing end-to-end automated tests and enhancing test coverage across our mobile app. Mobile apps are a huge part of our product strategy (our customers are managing mobile assets, after all), so your work will impact and advance a critical business area.
We are impacting how our customers manage their fleets, and you will play a significant role in helping shape a key sub-domain within the platform.
This is a remote opportunity and is open to candidates in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage their fleets. You can learn more about our platform here
. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up every day. We raised a $21M Series B in late 2020 and are on an exciting trajectory as a company. You can read more about it here
More about Fleetio
What you'll be doing
As a Software Development Engineer in Test for our mobile apps, you will:
- Expand, own and maintain our automated test coverage on our native iOS and Android mobile apps using XCUI and Espresso test frameworks
- Ensure automated tests are fast and reliable and provide effective feedback to our team about regression issues
- Work closely with our Product Quality Analysts to create feature maps and critical path
- Provide our mobile engineers with a solid foundation and framework to build features with automated test coverage and ship with high confidence!
- Own and manage our cloud-based testing tools and ensure our CI/CD pipeline runs our test suite consistently with reliable tests
- While you will own and drive the automated end-to-end tests, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the product development (if you wish).
What's in it for you
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. You will build software used by people all around the world. So many different companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
- Work remotely (within the United States, Canada, or Mexico) or at our Birmingham, AL HQ. Over 80% of our Engineering Team works remotely (including our CTO), and we have promoted a strong remote working culture since the beginning (2012).
- We place great emphasis on work/life balance. We have families and hobbies and know you do, too.
Our Engineering and Product teams are structured as autonomous squads that execute within one focal area toward a defined product vision. We're hardcore believers in easy-to-use software, and our main goal as Product Engineers is to quickly and continuously deliver meaningful value to our customers. We've optimized our CI/CD tools and processes to easily get code into our production environments, resulting in an average of 40 deploys per week. See what our team has to say about how we work in their own words here
. You can also learn about the interview process here
- Strong experience with automated testing and testing frameworks (XCUI, Espresso)
- Experience with cloud-based device farms such as Firebase or AWS Device farms
- Proficient in crafting quality code in Swift, Kotlin
- Experienced consuming RESTful APIs (Ruby on Rails, Node, or similar)
- Committed to improving code quality through writing unit and UI tests
- Knowledgeable of the current state of the iOS and Android platform, deployment, and continuous integration best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent real-world experience
- Be sure to mention 'coffee' in your application so we know you read this
Considered a plus
- Experience with end-to-end testing for web-based solutions
- Experience with CircleCI, Fastlane
- You know a thing or two about the fleet management industry
- 100% health/dental coverage (50% coverage for family)
- Vision insurance
- Incentive stock options
- 401(k) match of 4%
- PTO - 4 weeks
- 8 company holidays + 2 floating holidays
- Parental and bonding leave
- Dependent care and medical FSA
- Short and long term disability
- Community service funds
- Professional development funds
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Mac laptop + new hire equipment stipend
- Monthly catered lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen with tons of drinks & snacks
- Remote working friendly since 2012
For Non-U.S. based candidates, Fleetio offers a country-specific competitive benefits package.
Not quite what you were hoping for? Check out our other engineering roles here.
Fleetio provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.