Remote DevOps Engineer
Time zones: SBT (UTC +11)
, GMT (UTC +0)
, CET (UTC +1)
, EET (UTC +2)
, MSK (UTC +3)
, AST (UTC -4)
, FKST (UTC -3)
NO AGENCIES OR RECRUITERS PLEASEDue to continued business growth, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and talented DevOps Engineer with strong hands-on level experience to join our team.
We are looking for an engineer to enhance and complement our team's capabilities. You will be part of a fast-paced, innovative startup working with a great team looking after critical systems leveraging best-of-breed technologies across various infrastructures.
Our business involves building and managing cloud and data platforms architected to store large volumes of data, be highly available and deployed across distributed infrastructures. We provide expertise in technologies such as Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, Apache Spark, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes, AWS, Google Cloud and a variety of complementary technologies.
Our approach to engineering is to automate and instrument all aspects of deploying and managing these systems to provide a 24x7 always-on deployment. There will be the opportunity to learn and work with a wide variety of other technologies and platforms.
Automation and configuration management are critical to how we work and engineer our systems - this role will require developing and enhancing our automation on a daily basis. It’s great if you have this experience already, but we will help you learn it if you don't.
The role focuses on managing our client’s data platforms by providing high-quality services and keeping the lights on. The engineer will be working with a team looking after a variety of customers from social media platforms to banking systems. The role will require on-call out-of-business hours support on a rota basis to deal with issues with customers' environments and support internal systems.
This role is remote, based in Europe, UK or Ireland and involves working with a distributed team. The candidate must be comfortable working remotely, and communicating over instant messenger, slack etc.. and video communications.
Location: Europe/UK/Ireland, Working Remotely.
- The ability to understand and communicate technical issues.
- Experience with incident and change management processes.
- Hands-on experience in using help desk and service management tools.
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- This role requires excellent collaboration, organisational and project management skills.
- You are a proactive, creative, self-starting professional who thrives in a startup and enterprise environment. We are looking for someone who can take ownership of problems, identify areas to improve and proactively help our customers.
- You are an excellent team player and builder, capable of working independently and with little supervision.
- You are collaborative in driving decisions and assisting our customers.
- Solid problem-solving abilities coupled with a desire to take on responsibility.
- Strong presentation skills and an ability to develop relationships with customers.
- Knowledge and experience (3+ years) with running Linux infrastructure.
- Good understanding of networking technologies including TCP/IP fundamentals, load balancing technologies and principles, DNS, DHCP, routing etc.
- Solid understanding of security and complementary technologies e.g. VPN, LDAP, SSL etc…
- Monitoring and alerting systems such as Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana, Nagios, Splunk, Datadog or similar
- Strong scripting skills - BASH, Python, Ruby, or Perl
- Candidates need to be excited and passionate about learning new technologies such as Apache Cassandra, Apache Kafka and Kubernetes.
- Native English speaker.
- Configuration management Technologies such as Puppet, Chef but preferably Ansible (we use Ansible)
- Apache Kafka
- Apache Cassandra
- Exposure to AWS, GCP, Azure etc.