Remote Digital Marketing Manager
Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
At Tettra, we make software that helps hundreds of teams create an internal knowledge base to answer repetitive questions in chat and onboard new hires faster. We use our own product every day to help our own team operate too.
We’re a small, 100% remote company that’s growing our customer base and team quickly. We believe in optimizing for the long-term, which means we operate at a sustainable pace and are financially sustainable.
You’ll be the first marketer on the team, which is a unique opportunity to directly impact how we attract new customers and learn how a small software company operates directly from the founders.
This is a full-time, remote position based in the US.
About the role
- As our first Digital Marketing Manager, we want you to bring your experience and ideas to help grow our company and attract new customers.
- You’ll own growing our email list of contacts and work to keep them regularly engaged with our brand.
- Manage external creative & content production teams.
- Keep track of how our product changes and send regular product updates to our customers.
- Update our marketing website to reflect product and strategy changes.
- Identify and recruit marketing partners with overlapping audiences and work with them to create shared value.
- Analyze and continuously share your results with the rest of the team.
- You have excellent English writing and communication skills.
- At least 3+ years of experience in a relevant marketing role – preferably at a SaaS company or an agency with SaaS clients.
- You are tech-savvy, naturally curious, and have a history of learning new skills or finding an answer through self research. This is especially important in a remote company because you won’t always have someone to ask in the moment for an answer (and is the main reason why we built our product.)
- You love to share your learnings and back them up with data, doing so with tools like Google Analytics, Amplitude, Databox, or an equivalent.
- You have experience with an email automation solution and CMS. Mailchimp and WordPress experience specifically is a plus.
- You excel at self management and can keep yourself organized, productive, and motivated to hit your goals.
- You are US-based and able to overlap with teammates EST to PST timezones.
- Competitive salary – Our goal is to hire the best people and compensate them fairly. Our salaries are based on Boston-area rates and we pay the same no matter where you live in the US.
- Asynchronous culture – We are a results-driven team and operate mostly asynchronously. We don’t care where you’re based in the US and what hours you work, as long as you can meet the expectations of your role.
- Flexible vacation – Take time off when you need it. All you need to do is just give the team some notice ahead of time and coordinate coverage. We recommend taking at least 3 weeks off in addition to public holidays, but there are no firm rules. We trust you to take the time you need to be productive.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance – We cover 100% of you and your family’s insurance, including dependents (US residents only)
- 401K matching – We offer a retirement plan with matching (US residents only)
- New-hire success package – We will buy you a new Mac laptop or equivalent of your choice, and provide you a $750 stipend to spend on improving your remote setup like a big monitor, a standing desk, high-quality webcam, or whatever else you need.
- Personal development – Up to $500 per year reimbursement to spend on learning to improve your knowledge and craft through our Free Books & Courses program.
- Transparency – We believe that access to information is key to making the best decisions. Therefore, everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company. You’ll know our revenue, goals, growth rates, and cash on hand so there’s no surprises.
Why work with us?
- We are remote – We are a fully remote company and don’t have an office. We believe in trust and autonomy. Our internal operating system is geared towards asynchronous communication, common goals, and evaluations based on results. It doesn’t matter if you’ve worked like that before as long as you can ask good questions, collaborate & communicate well in primarily written form, and hold yourself accountable to get your work done.
- We are a calm company – We believe in work/life harmony. Our team works a solid 40-hours per week during whatever hours work for us individually, then we sign off in the evenings and on weekends to do what we enjoy outside of work — like spending time with friends & family, self improvement, or interesting hobbies. We scope our work to only the most important tasks and get those done by not wasting time on pointless status meetings, brainstorming discussions, or projects that aren’t actually important.
- We use our own product every day – We use our own product to share knowledge and document our processes internally.
- Everyone has a voice – We believe that good ideas can come from anywhere. We hire smart, ambitious people like you because we want to hear your thoughts.
- We are using our leverage for good – We currently donate 1% of all revenue to help fight climate change through Stripe Climate. We also offer discounted Tettra accounts to qualifying nonprofits to help their teams work more effectively to do more good in the world.
At Tettra, we believe that diverse teams result in better products and experiences for our customers and are more interesting to work on too. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.