Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
At ZBiotics, we make genetically engineered probiotics that improve daily life. As a group of ambitious, yet down-to-earth individuals, we are fueled by two things: a love for science and a commitment to being people-first. GMO products like ours, designed to benefit individuals rather than corporations, are the future. As the first to market, we believe it’s our duty to set a high bar for product quality, safety, and transparency for others to follow.
In 2019, we launched the world’s first genetically engineered probiotic: a 15mL probiotic drink designed to break down the alcohol byproduct that leads to rough mornings after drinking. Since then, ZBiotics continues to grow year after year. With new, completely unique products on the way, our team is growing. We’re looking for people as excited as we are to build this new category of consumer products.
As Ecommerce Director, you will own and elevate the ZBiotics website and online store (zbiotics.com) – the customer-facing image of ZBiotics – delivering a best-in-class customer experience at the forefront of an entirely new industry. You will focus on 2 goals: (1) improving the online customer experience and (2) increasing customer lifetime value (LTV). You will launch programs with the potential to increase the efficacy and efficiency of our entire marketing operation by as much as 10x.
You will maintain a deep understanding of the direct-to-consumer (DTC) ecosystem and the Shopify Plus platform, constantly finding ways to improve the efficiency and usability of our online storefront. Leveraging your own web development skills and a team of outsourced developers, you will be responsible for UI/UX improvements, conversion rate optimization, integrations, and backend management of the store.
- By your third month, you will be deeply familiar with all ZBiotics backend systems, and you will have made yourself the go-to for website changes, CRO tests, and landing page builds. You will have a solid grasp of the ZBiotics brand and customer ethos.
- By your sixth month, you will have made substantial improvements to the ZBiotics website. You’ll have formalized your network of outsourced developer(s) and built a scalable system for rapid site testing and iterating. You will have initiated a series of SKU, bundle, and customer experience tests geared at improving LTV. You will have already implemented tests that have improved onsite conversion rate.
- By your first year, you will have developed a deep understanding of our customer and materially increased both customer lifetime value. You will have made the ZBiotics tech stack a finely tuned DTC machine, and you will have adjusted it to make room for our 2nd product launch.
- By your second year, you will have optimized the customer experience for multiple products and raised the bar for what a DTC brand site experience can be. You will be actively fostering the new consumer product category of engineered probiotics.
This role is for you if …
- You approach work with a blend of data-driven growth hacking, long-term sustainable thinking, and zealous customer-advocacy.
- You recognize that the era of cheap traffic is over, and you relish the opportunity to build online experiences based on true value and long-term customer retention.
- You embody the ZBiotics values of People, Integrity, Citizenship, and Science.
- People - We always put people first, especially our customers.
- Integrity - We communicate honestly and deliver high quality always.
- Citizenship - We are inclusive and committed to doing what’s right.
- Science - We question our own assumptions and adapt to new data.
- You have built and managed high-performing DTC websites.
- You are proficient in Shopify Plus (platform & apps) and the DTC tech ecosystem.
- You are fluent in web design & development, analytics, UX, and CRO.
- You have set up and managed cross-platform integrations and API calls.
- You understand e-commerce unit economics and the growth marketing funnel.
- You have experience testing new SKU offers, bundles, promos, and discounts.
- You use customer research to fuel a rapid build-measure-learn cycle of improvement.
- You project manage external development teams with ease and are familiar with scrum systems (Jira, Axosoft, Vivify, etc).
- You have CPG (consumer packaged goods) experience.
- You have worked with both subscription and one-time-purchase products.
- You have UI design experience and working knowledge of Figma.
- You have built and managed customer notification flows (email, SMS, etc.).
- You understand SEO and SEM.
- Experience working with tools including Klaviyo, Skio, Zapier, Github, ShipBob, Friendbuy, Google Optimize, GTM, GA, etc.
- You have worked on product strategy, positioning, and go-to-market.
- You have helped launch new products.
We believe in a life well-lived. ZBiotics offers competitive benefits for a life outside of work, including: health / dental, 401(k) contribution, a minimum PTO policy (with unlimited time off), parental leave, a home office stipend, transit benefits, and access to award-winning coworking space if located in or visiting San Francisco.
We encourage you to apply …
At ZBiotics, we value our differences, and we encourage all – especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations – to apply.