Location: No location restrictions, we hire remotely worldwide 🌍
Language: We operate internally and externally in English (US)
Hours: 40 hours per week for full-time. You are free to choose your own hours as long as there's some overlap during the daytime of our CET team for meetings and other internal cultural events
Part-time options: We will consider part-time options for this role, please mention what you're looking for in your application
Level: Senior (5+ years)
Salary: Starting at €53,500 - €64,750 for full-time
Note: We have defined a salary range for this role based on the level of initiative and experience we're looking for. This is not the “limit” and there's room for you to grow with us in commercetools Frontend - we're currently running a separate framework and process from our parent company which will be aligned in the future.
🌟 The Opportunity
🚀 Your Mission
- Build and maintain extensions to popular headless systems (APIs) with a focus on eCommerce
- Write tests for extensions to make sure they continuously work also in varying customer setups
- Support the product team in identifying sensible business use cases in the eCommerce space based on your understanding of the APIs
- Monitor performance and stability of those extensions in high-volume and high-traffic environments
- Identify and solve common issues in distributed (micro-)service-based environments
👉 What is it like working in our team?
'We are a very technical team, and we approach every challenge head-on. We know we can rely on each other, and we live by our values — we're in this together. With a unique product comes unique challenges, and we overcome them using our strengths and expertise.' – Jim, Engineering Manager
💪 What you will accomplish in your first 90-days
- Meet your colleagues from other departments and get accustomed to our values and ways of working
- Get familiar with our stack and tools
- Complete your onboarding plan and attend commercetools onboarding sessions
🧩 What you need to succeed
- Experience maintaining a set of shared TypeScript types
- Experience with RESTful and GraphQL APIs
- Experience with documenting API usage for other developers
⚙️ Our stack
- React (plain and TypeScript) and Next.js in the frontend
- MaterialUI, SCSS, and Tailwind
- PHP with Symfony and Node.js in the backend
- MySQL and CouchDB as databases
🚀 About Us
At commercetools for Growth, we're a fully remote company a Series C company valued at ¢1.9bn, and were named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce for the second year in a row.
We are formerly Frontastic, a remote-first company since 2017 we know how to do remote work properly. We joined commercetools in November 2021 and are still growing and focused on our mission: Let commerce teams build the incredible. Do you want to be part of this exciting journey?
🤝 Our hiring process
We have designed our hiring process with the candidate experience in mind. This is important to us as we know to build the best product possible, we need the best people. Learn more about our hiring process.
🕒 We aim to respond to all candidates within 72 hours (except on weekends).
1️⃣ Submit your application to our team for review2️⃣ You'll then be invited to a short technical assessment though Codility (depending on number of applicants)3️⃣ Discovery call (45min) with Alexandra Ionescu, our Head of Engineering, to discuss the role, our culture, and find out if it's a good alignment with your own preferences and skills, as well4️⃣ Culture questions (via email) to see how you approach important topics such as growth and work planning5️⃣ First Interview (60min) with Alexander Trefz, Principal Frontend Engineer and Carlos Mourullo, Senior Backend Engineer to discuss our commercetools for Growth product6️⃣ Coffee Break (30min) an informal chat with members of the team to get to know who you'll be working with
👏 We're offering
- A remote setup and processes tailored for remote workers
- An open learning and development budget, including an internal learning academy
- The freedom of planning your work around life and not the other way round — we want you to bring your full self to work, and this includes owning your daily routines
- A company laptop of your choice and a personal budget for any additional equipment you need — you will be able to purchase it yourself with a virtual company credit card
💬 We'd love to hear from you
If you have any questions about the role, email our Talent team at email@example.com
. Applications will only be accepted directly through the job application form.
Want to know more about us? You can find out more on our website
If this role is not for you, but you know of someone who'd be a great fit, we would really appreciate it if you could share this role with them!
ℹ️ Equal Opportunities
🔍 Are you looking for something else? Check out our Career Page
and our Website
for more information.
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development, and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.