Remote Senior UI Designer
The primary role of the Senior User Interface (UI) Designer is to create original and visually beautiful responsive website designs for client projects. The goal is to contribute on a strategic level to the overall success and satisfaction of our clients with innovative thinking and a user-centered mindset. The ideal candidate must be able to design, develop, or enhance existing graphic/identity branding that meets marketing objectives, integrates usability best practices, and addresses client brand standards. The Senior Web Designer must be client-service oriented and work well both independently and collaboratively with other members of the project teams.
- Create concepts and original designs for client projects and internal initiatives.
- Design high-fidelity style tiles, page compositions, and digital style guides.
- Prototype complex interactions with high standards of usability in mind.
- Produce meticulous, beautiful user interface designs that take into account client brand guidelines and specifications.
- Present design decisions to the internal and client teams and iterate and implement feedback.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Work with front-end developers and other team members to identify solutions for executing projects in Drupal and other open source software solutions.
- Work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Effectively juggle multiple projects.
- Employ strong communication skills.
- Big picture thinking, keeping client’s business strategies and goals in mind through every project.
- Work within design policies, procedures, and best practices
- Ability to create strategically appropriate and visually delightful responsive website designs.
- Interprets and applies client's brand standards and guidelines.
- Experience creating design systems and reusable components/patterns.
- Impeccable understanding of typography, layout, color, and all other elements of design.
- Adobe design tools, including Photoshop and Illustrator, Sketch, InVision and Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge and previous experience with SASS and Gulp.
- Understands and implements current web accessibility standards.
- Can implement CSS Animations to improve the user experience and overall design of a project.
- Experience developing browser-based prototypes and style guides in HTML5 and CSS3.
- Demonstrated ability to solve design problems quickly with creativity and flexible thinking.
- Effectively manages time between project work and internal initiatives.
- Scopes time and effort involved in design projects, serves as a strategic UI design resource, and writes select components of visual design strategy documentation.
- Leads and executes all visual design stages from concept to hand-off and is able to present and defend designs to peers and executive-level stakeholders.
- Always seeks input from engineering and implementation team to validate and ensure that the design vision is executable.
- Serves as a resident expert of digital tools and is skilled in developing digital design concepts.
- Is well-versed with web technology, usability, and core development tools; understands web design constraints, including a strong understanding of designing for a CMS.