Time zones: SBT (UTC +11)
, GMT (UTC +0)
, CET (UTC +1)
, EET (UTC +2)
, MSK (UTC +3)
Lead Product, UX / UI Designer at Jolly Technologies. Lead the evolution of a rapidly growing English Literacy teaching platform.
€45k – €60k, Experience Dependent.
Are you a talented designer, looking to take on a challenging, impactful role at a mission driven startup?
Jolly Technologies is for you, our projects are transforming the teaching of english literacy throughout the world, and we need a strong design lead, to drive us forward.
Jolly Classroom (www.jollyclassroom.com) is a platform for teachers to enable them to teach English reading and writing, using the literacy scheme, Jolly Phonics.
Jolly Phonics is a world leading literacy teaching methodology, used in over 150 countries. Children who learn to read with Jolly Phonics learn to read faster, and maintain the advantage in their literacy throughout their schooling.
Jolly Classroom is a Comprehensive, Easy, Fun and Accessible way to teach Jolly Phonics, we launched in September 2022, and have had a fantastic response, with over 2,000 weekly active users, and growing.
Jolly Classroom has an exciting roadmap, and needs a skilled designer to bring it to life.
We are looking for an adaptable and versatile designer, to lead the future developments of the product. Working closely with the technical founder, and pedagogical experts, you will design compelling features, lesson content, and materials that will propel Jolly Classroom to widespread global reach.
- Pupil assessment and pupil development tracking system
- Educational activities for pupils, which contribute to pupil development tracking
- Teacher and Parent feedback, allowing them to understand each pupils individual needs
- Evaluating and enhancing our existing interfaces
- Interactive reading books
- Designing future years of classroom lesson activities
- Teacher support and training materials
- User research, testing and feedback, working closely with international team, and application users.
You should have a passion for creating elegant, simple interface, and care deeply about user experience.
You should be adept at understanding users needs, communicating with them, understanding software systems, and finding optimum solutions.
We expect you to build a deep understanding of the product, of the teaching methodology, of the community, and the vision. Building this understanding will allow you to reason strongly, and have a high degree of autonomy within the company, becoming a leader in the development of the platform.
- Experienced in creating simple user experiences.
- Fluent / Native grasp of English.
- Adept at using Figma to create polished designs
- Experience working with children, or designing products used by children.
- Understanding of the principles of Jolly Phonics, or Synthetic Phonics programmes.
- Teaching Experience, especially at primary.
- Previous startup experience, experience working in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
The role can be remote, to a high degree. In the initial months, face to face time is expected, as a large amount of information needs to be transferred. Ultimately, we understand the need to be flexible, to attract the best talent.