Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
We’re seeking a hard-working Sales Specialist to help introduce potential customers to all that SimpleTexting has to offer. This is an entry-level position, but prior experience working with customers is a must. The ideal candidate is comfortable handling a high volume of conversations (primarily via chat), switching gears quickly, and passionate about helping people. We pride ourselves on amazing customer service. In this role, you’d be the first point of contact for people new to SimpleTexting.
SimpleTexting is a SaaS company that makes it easy for businesses of all sizes to text their audience. Our customers use us to send marketing campaigns, important alerts, and have two-way sales and customer support conversations. Over the last decade, we’ve helped countless organizations better communicate with the people most important to them. We continue to set ambitious goals and are looking for someone who can help us meet them.
SimpleTexting is proudly part of Sinch, a leading global Communication Platform as a Service (CPaaS) provider, offering messaging, voice and video communication solutions to a large global customer base. Sinch’s APIs and platform deal with over 145 billion engagements annually. Enterprise customers include 8 out of 10 of the largest US tech companies by market capitalization, major airlines, banks, retail, e-tail, internet, ride-hailing, parcel delivery companies and more.
This Role Is For You If:
- You love to talk, actively listen, and get people excited about a new service
- Multiple chats and calls happening at once doesn’t make you sweat
- You thrive in fast-paced environments
- You’re as comfortable hopping on the phone as you are writing super clear emails
- You don’t just stop after answering the initial question asked, but go above and beyond in discovering how best to help a customer
- You have no shame geeking out about business and technology
$65k OTE. Salary will be evaluated based upon experience.
- Respond to email tickets, online chats, or phone calls to help potential SimpleTexting customers get signed up and started with the platform
- Explore the needs of potential customers and help them take the first step toward succeeding with SimpleTexting
- Qualify customers and get them connected with an account executive where appropriate
- Answer customer questions about how SimpleTexting can work for their business
- Become a SimpleTexting power user; provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication
- Work with customer service manager to ensure proper customer service is being delivered
- Helping to write excellent help documentation – both for internal use and for our customers
- Go the extra mile to engage customers
The preferred candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- English is your primary language. Secondary languages are a plus.
- At least 1 year of experience working with customers, preferably in a sales role
- Demonstrable critical thinking, communication, and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience qualifying and evaluating customer needs
- Ability to learn new software platforms quickly
- Self-starter, positive attitude, ability to continuously develop and adapt to a growing team
- Highly organized. You can manage and prioritize several different projects.
- Familiarity with chat and CRM platforms
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field of study
- 2+ years in customer-facing role, preferably in a sales role
- Experience working in the SaaS industry
Our values of Dream big, Win together, Keep it simple and Make it happen are what make us successful on our journey to be the global leader in customer engagement for SMBs, so people who feel a connection to these values and like the pace of a fast-growing global company will easily fit into our team. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds to be their authentic self and bring their values into their work. We know that the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better our success will be. In addition, we offer the following benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous time-off policy - take the time you need to operate at peak performance.
- Excellent medical benefits, including multiple medical, dental & vision plans to meet your personal needs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Coaching and ongoing career development
If you're looking for your next opportunity in your career and want to work for a growing tech company, then apply now!