Remote Senior Ruby on Rails - (USD $100-140k)
Time zones: SBT (UTC +11)
, GMT (UTC +0)
, CET (UTC +1)
, EET (UTC +2)
, MSK (UTC +3)
👐 Join a meritocracy, no politics needed (nor welcomed)💸 We are self-funded and profitable with no external investors to answer to📖 We practice open-book management (understand how the business works and why what you work on really matters for our clients)
QuickMail is one of the leading cold email outreach solutions for sending business-to-business cold emails.It is used by small and medium businesses all over the world to reach out to potential clients and grow their businesses.Our clients are composed of Entrepreneurs, Founders, Growth Marketers & Agencies (small & medium businesses).QuickMail was started in 2014. We more than doubled the business in 2022 and we have the same ambitious goal for 2023.We are 100% self-funded and composed of a small group of highly driven co-workers.
Our current stack
- Backend: Ruby on Rails 7, Sidekiq 6 & Webpack 5
- Frontend: Angular 13 with Rxjs, Pug & Bootstrap 4
- Communication layer: GraphQL, Apollo & Pusher
- Hosting: Heroku with Postgres & Redis
- Extra services: AWS for EC2 & Routes
Your initial responsibilities
- In the first weeks, to familiarize you with our code, you'll be making some small changes to the code to either fix problems or extend existing solutions.
- You'll then move toward building smaller scope features & advancing on longer-term projects.
- Ultimately, you will have the possibility to make a big impact on the product by driving initiatives to support the business (e.g. build an integration, create a new feature, extend the API...)
The role will evolve into more complex responsibilities based on your ability to write good, clean, and maintainable code as well as communicate & interact with the team.
We promote internally so this leaves a lot of opportunities to grow in more senior roles as your career advance with us.
- You deeply ❤️ coding, you are pragmatic in your approach to development, have a positive attitude, and have the ability to make decisions on your own.
- You have great analytical skills with a demonstrable ability to simplify complex things.
- You can speak and write in English without problems.
- You have at least 4 years of professional experience with Ruby on Rails and command a good understanding of background jobs.
- You use Git regularly (pull request, merge, rebase…)
- You are fine having 4 hours overlap at least with Europe 10 am-6 pm time.
- 💻 Stunning colleagues, solid engineering practices, we use branching and pull requests, review apps, apply scrum with weekly sprints, daily standups, velocity & retrospectives. The code is well structured and the architecture is sound.
- ⚖️ You'll join a meritocracy, no-bs culture, no politics, only candid feedback to keep improving. Think Netflix culture.
- 🔥 A chance to step in and have a big impact on a growing SaaS company. You'll learn about the business side too and get to know the financials as we practice open-book management 📖.
- 🌴 1 team retreat per year for work and fun: https://youtu.be/OY5l3ueZMUo
- 📚 We focus on learning and personal growth ($100/mo budget for learning/books/courses).
FAQQ - What’s the hiring process after the application is filled out?A - Step 1: 30 min Technical interview. Step 2: coding test 2-4 hours depending on the skill & speed of the candidate. Step 3: 2nd Interview to discuss pull request & offer.Q - For Americans, is this a contractor (1099) or employee (W2) position?A - 1099Q - How big is the dev team?A - The development team is currently composed of 3 developers and we are looking for two more. It's an incredible opportunity for people who love to take ownership and make a real impact to join our team. The CTO has more than 25 years of experience as a developer.Q - Are there set hours I need to be working during the day?A - Yes, you need to have a minimum of 5 hours overlap with the core work hours in Europe (10am-6pm CET). We have an American member, but she wakes up early.Q - What type of culture do you guys have?A - We are incredibly fast-paced, aim for excellence, and take pride in our work. We welcome anyone who wants to achieve big things. Small team, big ambition. If you want something to accelerate your growth instead of a mind-numbing job, this is it.Q - Are you looking for investors or selling the company?A - Absolutely not.