Vero is the messaging platform that scales personalisation.
We enable engineers and marketers to work together to track, store and organise their data and workflows to power more useful email and push messages. We've tracked over six billion actions for more than five hundred million end-users and we're growing.
About the role
The Product Marketing Manager's mission is to help people who hear about or find Vero to understand what we do and how we can empower their business. Your mission is to educate potential customers, get them to try our product and enable them to understand what success looks like.Vero's current growth focus is squarely on content marketing and partnerships. You'll join our small growth team (made up of a marketing designer, content marketer and account executive) to lead the co-ordination and actioning of:
- Top of the funnel conversion. We have a strong content marketing presence and team and need to ensure we are effectively communicating our product features and value to the large and growing cohort of potential customers visiting our site each month.
- Brand communication. We have a strong internal culture and ethos and want to do a better job at sharing this with potential customers. A part of this role you will lead all social media, co-ordinate integration copy and partnership opportunities, re-targeting and other, ad-hoc campaigns that increase the awareness of Vero at the very top of the funnel.
The key KPI for this role is trials started.
This is a hands-on role and you will be responsible for working with our team and CEO to make changes and drive improvements in all of the above areas. We have achieved a lot with a small team and have big aspirations. There is a lot of potential in this role and, as you help Vero grow, so too will your responsibilities and professional opportunities.
You will be the responsible for the following areas
- Content marketing funnel optimisation.
- (Our own) Email marketing and customer messaging.
- Social media.
- Co-ordinating ad-hoc campaigns.
- Executing our growth reporting framework.
We're inspired by companies like Github, Atlassian, Slack, Stripe and others that sell to both startups and enterprise businesses alike with a great user experience, a friction-free buying process and strong brands that focus on customer success.
You love identifying opportunities to optimise. You have a genuine interest in customer experience, data-driven decision making and a strong understanding of the SaaS/tech industry. Ideally, you’ll be familiar with the modern data, product and marketing ecosystem, including tools used by our customers such as AWS, Segment, Looker and other emerging technologies.
This isn't your first success story. You've helped companies grow before and you want to do it again. You’ve seen enough to have a good sense for what works and what doesn’t.
You like getting your hands dirty. You make your ideas happen. You are not afraid to hit 'go'.
You can understand the big picture. You can see the overarching strategy and integrate marketing into the company's broader dynamics.
You don't shy away from a challenge. You are not afraid of challenging work in the short term to drive long term results – this process excites you.
You take big swings. You’re not afraid to experiment with something new, proving or disproving a hypothesis with experiments and data to validate and de-risk.
Three key values lived at Vero are:
- Humility. We listen and learn. We aim for as little politics and ego as possible at Vero.
- Empathy. We're a remote team with people from all over the world. We believe in inclusivity and work hard to understand and support each other.
- Care. People at Vero look out for each other. We work together to achieve tasks, and we back each other up.
We're proud of our culture and if these values sound on point to you, we'd love to hear from you!
- 4+ years in a marketing or growth role with proven scaling experience. You have a proven track record scaling a software business. This does not necessarily have to be in a B2B context, but that experience is preferable.
- Experience with SaaS sales and marketing tools. You must be comfortable developing and iterating on a business development process using cloud tools.
- Familiarity with the data, product and marketing software verticals. You must be familiar with the modern data, product and marketing ecosystem and tools such as Segment, Zapier, Pipedrive, etc.
- Metrics-oriented and proven track record of achievement.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently.
- A true team player. Our team is built on trust, challenge and support, we want to learn and create brilliant things together.
- Competitive salary.
- Transparency. We work hard to ensure our entire, remote team understands our strategy, our core metrics, the opportunities in front of us and, most importantly, the customers we help every day and why what we're doing matters to them.
- Flexible work. Work in the way that produces the best results. Many of our team members work from home one day a week, others come to the office every day and many are completely remote. We’re committed to helping you feel like you can be the happiest and most productive you and always look for the best person to fill a role, regardless of where and how they work.
- Team Retreat. We host an annual team retreat (last year we went to Bali) to get together as a team, challenge the status-quo and explore new parts of the world.
- Parental Leave. We offer a generous parental leave policy.
- Visa Application. We cover visa application and processing fees to sponsor team members in relocating to Sydney, Australia.