Front End React Developer
SixEye is seeking a highly-motivated, front end React developer to join its fully remote web application team. The contract is rolling (not fixed length) and is full-time.https://www.sixeye.net/careers/Above all, you will be:
- Fastidious in the design of secure, performant, scalable web applications.
- Fearless when trying new technologies and techniques.
- Excited by the development of elegant, reliable, tested code and continuous integration.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the team to implement the front end and associated tests for the SixEye web application, built using React with Redux.
- Taking responsibility for the full development lifecycle of new features.
- Maintaining the continuous integration & deployment processes for the front end.
- Ensuring software is easy to maintain, efficient, loosely coupled and adheres to the company's design principles.
You will also:
- Have at least 1 year's experience working with React with Redux.
- Have a good degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, etc.).
- Have a thorough understanding of:
- Functional programming.
- Web technologies & protocols (HTTPS, HTML, SASS, etc.).
- Have experience of:
- Continuous deployment of web clients to cloud infrastructure (we're using AWS).
- Integrating with third-party services.
- Using Git for version control.
- Have excellent technical communication skills in both verbal and written English.
- Have excellent analytical skills, including the ability to understand and form clear arguments around complex information.
- Be adept at time management when required to prioritise conflicting tasks.
- Flexible working hours.
- 33 days paid annual leave (including 8 public holidays observed in the UK, which you may take at any time).
- Pension contributions matched up to 4% of annual salary.
Why work for us
- We believe in collaboration to solve problems. Great ideas may come from anyone - your contribution is welcome and encouraged. If people find a better way - we do that.
- Code is reviewed; engineers review each other's code.
- Within the Carallon group of companies, many of the team come from a live entertainment background, which fosters a high degree of shared responsibility and effort as deadlines approach.
- SixEye offers a flexible working environment - there are core hours to facilitate maximum collaboration whilst allowing employees to skew their day early or late as desired. Remote working is the norm.