Kinsta is a modern cloud hosting company focused on WordPress hosting. We run our services on cutting edge technology and we are proud of the level of support we offer to our customers. Our talented and motivated team is scattered across the globe with team members hailing from every continent but Antarctica! We're constantly on the lookout for great talent to join our awesome team. If you’d like to become part of the Kinsta family, hit apply or drop us a line, we’d love to talk to you!
Our client base is growing steadily and we’re looking for a competent WordPress Migrations Engineer with exceptional communication skills who can provide enterprise level assistance to our customers by migrating their WordPress websites onto the Kinsta platform.
Our Migrations Team works with our customers using chat and email (we use Intercom.io exclusively for these purposes). As a Kinsta Migrations Engineer you will:
- Provide prompt and accurate migration assistance and support to customers keeping in mind that a customer’s migration experience is likely their first support-like interaction with Kinsta, and we want that experience to be glowing.
- Check and confirm incoming migration requests have the correct and working login details, investigate for red flags (such as e-commerce, membership sites, etc.), and scheduling migrations.
- Migrate customer WordPress sites onto the Kinsta platform utilizing scripts and workflows developed by the Migrations Lead.
- Take ownership of issues reported by customers as a result of a migration and see problems through to resolution.
- Research, troubleshoot, and identify solutions to resolve customer issues.
- Provide feedback to the Migrations Lead regarding script and workflow errors, challenges, and feature requests.
This role's shift need is Monday-Friday, 12am-8am UTC.
The ideal Kinsta Migrations Engineer is technically-knowledgeable, upbeat, professional, curious, and self-motivated.
Excellent support is one of the cornerstones of our business. Our clients have come to expect industry-leading support and it's our pleasure to deliver that to them. As a result, we're pretty careful about adding new people to our team.
We hire people with a variety of different areas of expertise - some of us are WordPress developers, others are Linux server gurus, while others are technically-knowledgeable internet generalists who have mastered the art of customer service.
All of our Engineers must meet the following core requirements:
- Completely fluent in English with excellent written communication skills.
- Capable of thriving in a fast-paced and occasionally stressful environment interacting with multiple clients simultaneously while maintaining a professional and friendly tone.
- Our Migrations Engineers must know WordPress deeply. All we host is WordPress and we have the best team in the business (even if we do say so ourselves). While you don't have to be a full-fledged WordPress developer to be a Kinsta Migrations Engineer, you do need to know the WordPress database and file/directory structure as well as the wp-config.php file like the back of your hand. Experience with WP-CLI and bash scripts certainly advantageous.
- Comfortable in a command line shell. While Migrations Engineers aren’t required to be sysadmins, our migrations team utilizes various bash scripts to perform WordPress site migrations.
- Consummate professionalism: we're a distributed team and we expect you to act like the professional we know you are. That means being a member of the Kinsta team requires excellent communication, rock-solid reliability, and the drive to bring your best effort to bear on your work every single day.
Our Migrations Engineers deal with a lot more than just WordPress! While you don't need to be a full-stack developer to fill this role, you will be providing hosting assistance to full-stack developers, so you do need to be familiar with the full-stack, from Linux web servers to browser dev tools.
- Deep expertise in any (or all!) of the following: WordPress, Linux, NGINX, PHP and MySQL.
- Experience setting up, managing, and supporting LEMP/LAMP stacks.
- Prior experience working with customers over chat in a technical role in a fast-paced environment - particularly experience providing live support and migrations assistance for web hosting or WordPress products.
This is a fully-remote role. Our Migrations Engineers can work from anywhere with reliable internet access.
We always use the latest version of everything: PHP 7.4, NGINX, Ubuntu 18.04, Linux containers, Google Cloud and more, so you’ll be able to work with a bunch of exciting technologies and use them every day!
This position offers a great deal of flexibility, responsibility, and opportunity for growth for the right candidate.
If you want to learn more about Kinsta and what it's like to work for our team, head to our website, Kinsta.com, and look for the About Us link in the footer.