User Experience Designer
Our Design Team is growing and we want you to be part of it! Do you love to choreograph the dance of getting users from A to B? Are your instincts in touch with a higher power known as 'usability'? Our experience designers make the complex simple and know the details aren't the details, they are the product.
In this User Experience Designer role, you’ll take on these tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use tools for thousands of people around the world—from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert.
- Partner with the product and marketing teams to define problems & goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and oversee the building process
- Manage internal and external design language systems
- Design elegant flows & interactions for a global audience across platforms
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners
- Executive in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills
- Lo-fi & hi-fi prototyping skills
- Lead on cross-platform design experiences (Web, android, iOS, emails)
- Help to define the user model and user interface for new and existing Function products and features.
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products, and making constructive suggestions for change.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), Human–Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS), or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated experience in designing usable interfaces for popular web-based products (Sketch or Figma)
- 3+ years of work experience in a related field.
- MA/MS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field.
- Demonstrated HTML skills.
- Strong clean visual design sense.
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills.
Please submit a resume or CV along with a cover letter articulating your interest and experience. Please attach a selection of links demonstrating your design ability and showing the work most relevant to this role.